• 12 •

Minho stood outside, waiting for someone to open the door. He wasn't at his own home, so he couldn't just take out a key and open it, because he had no key.

This is his friend's home, Bang Chan's. He had also decided to go to his house during the week off of college. Their other roommate, however, Changbin, stayed at their dorm.

As for Woojin, well, nobody knew where he was at. He was probably still trying to solve his family issues at hand, he'd even missed a whole week of classes because of the matter.

Changbin's home was also in the same town as Chan's and his own, but he had always tried to avoid going home.

One particular reason was because he wanted to avoid his stepbrother at all costs. He doesn't hate him, he could never hate him. His stepbrother was actually really nice, too nice even. He was the nicest and most generous person someone could ever meet, according to Changbin. Sometimes he wished for a behaviour change from his younger stepbrother, for him to stop being so nice because everyone could fall for him to then eventually break his heart.

Chan had asked Changbin if he maybe wanted to stay at his place so that he wouldn't be alone over break, but he refused, not wanting to be in his hometown. He knew it was winter break for high schoolers, which included his stepbrother, and he didn't want to run into him anywhere right now.

It was snowing quite heavily and Minho was still standing outside, banging on Chan's front door. He sighed and rolled his eyes, giving up on trying so hard.

Seconds later, the door flew open. "About time," He muttered in annoyance as he made his way past his friend, walking into his house.

Chan looked at him with a judgy yet questioning expression. "Dude, you can't just barge into someone's house like that,"

Minho flopped onto the sofa and groaned, not in need of someone telling him what he can or can't do, although he knew this was a can't kind of case. "He's driving me crazy,"

His friend stood there, dumbfounded as he had no idea what Minho was talking about. "Wait, what? Who?"

He stayed quiet for some time. He grabbed a pillow and put it on his lap, then burying his face in it repeatedly, out of frustration. He breathed in and sighed. "Jisung," Said name was the only thing that came out of his mouth.

Chan's questioning expression changed into a sympathetic one. He didn't exactly know how Minho felt about Jisung, he just knew that he was his childhood best friend. He had only teased him the other day when he said Minho supposedly liked Jisung, but he had no clue actually. It had always just seemed that way.

According to Chan, Minho is a very mysterious person. He didn't - and till this day, still doesn't - tell much about himself or his life.

Minho knew lots of things about his friends, but his friends don't really know that much about him. Maybe because they never really asked, after the one time that they did. Even though, they're still close friends.

The thing Chan knew right now was that Minho's feelings towards people are very genuine and honest, except for the hidden feelings he had towards Jisung - the feelings he tried to conceal.

It's not his job to tell Minho what to do, so he didn't bother. He probably can't even place the feelings he had yet. Minho is a planner. If something doesn't go the way he wants it to go then, for him, it doesn't go at all.

Chan thinks that's what Minho was trying to do with his emotions, but everyone knows it's not easy to bottle up feelings or emotions, especially when you don't even want to have them or try to deny that you have them.

He walked towards the sofa next to the one Minho was sitting in and sat down. "What happened?"

"One time he's insulting me, and the next he's... being himself." He sighed. "Maybe insulting me is him being himself," He said, dozing off.

Chan snapped him out of his gaze, making him flinch. "He probably doesn't even mean it," He replied carefully.

"I know," Minho groaned.

Chan furrowed his eyebrows to then softly loosen them again. "That's not what's driving you crazy, is it?"

"No," He muttered quietly. They stayed silent for a few minutes, just looking at the snow outside. "Remember when you said I supposedly liked him, and I said I tried to avoid my feelings,"

Chan nodded but realised Minho wasn't facing him but the outdoors, so he hummed.

"Well, apparently, I'm doing the opposite of that," He sighed.

"Says who?" Chan asked.

"Me," He covered his face with his hands, out of embarrassment. He cleared his throat and shook the sentimental thoughts out of his head. "Anyway, I should go," He said as he stood up from the sofa and walked towards the door.

A pair of eyes followed his movements and looked at him suspiciously. "Wait," Before Minho could even touch the doorknob, he was stopped by Chan. "How did you know where I live? I never told you,"

He was tense at first when Chan had asked him to wait. "Oh," He exhaled, relieved that he didn't ask him any further questions about the matter they had talked about just now. "I hacked your phone to find out your location."

Chan chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. "I figured,"

Minho also let out a slight chuckle and then turned around, opening the door. "See ya," He said and exited Chan's house.

~~~

Not even half an hour later he had met up with a girl.

They seemed really close - according to the pair of eyes watching them - and actually were really close.

If she would've been one year older, they could be mistaken as twins, according to Minho himself. The way they dress - their style - is basically the same.

It's nice to have things in common with someone, having things to share with someone, that's why he liked her so much.

[A/N]
I've had my first day at work today and lemme just tell ya im damn exhausted, I have muscle pain all over and my feet hurt like helllll... Guess that's the bad thing abt being a couch potato..

Q: Which Minsung book is your favourite? Which ones do you recommend (plural)?

A: Fav/recommend -> Arranged, Alone, 30 days, kissing booth

To be continued ;)