• 20 •

"Now tell me, what happened?"

Minho saw the amount of concern in the younger's eyes. He knew Jisung wasn't going to pry, but he also knew that he wouldn't go anywhere soon. "My father... has been blaming me for my mother's death ever since I was born... If I wasn't born, she wouldn't have died. The love of his life wouldn't have died." He paused for a moment, clearing his throat. "He said no one would ever love me, and if someone ever did, he would ruin it."

Quiet sobs left him, and tears ran along his cheeks. "He used to put me in a Psychiatric Institution, to make me suffer... He's a doctor, so he used an excuse to put me there by injecting something inside of my body. Of course, everyone believed him," He scoffed sadly. "Every summer vacation, every time of absence he took from work and every time I wasn't at school, he put me there." He couldn't contain his tears anymore, as further as the story went, the more tears flowed down. "He gave me this scar," He mumbled, pointing a finger at the scar Jisung had taken care of the day before.

"What the- Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" Jisung was shocked. He had no idea Minho's father was capable of such horrible things.

"Because I didn't want you to worry. After you and your mother moved in, he stopped doing all of this. I thought maybe he stopped hating me, but the stunt he pulled with Dahyun a few days ago made me realise he's still as evil as he used to be. He just doesn't show it as much," He maundered.

Jisung held onto the elder's hands more tightly. "Listen, Minho. I love you, and right now it doesn't matter in what way. Nothing will make me stop loving - and caring about - you. Especially not your father." He spoke sincerely. "And your mother's death is not your fault. Understood?"

Minho's eyes widened a little at the first part, and for some reason, softened again at the last sentence as he slightly nodded. That's all he ever wanted to hear from someone, yet that never happened because he had never dared to talk about this matter with anyone. He was afraid because he thought no one would believe him, and that he'd seem crazy. His father would love dragging him back into a Psychiatric Institution after all.

"D-do you think she would've been proud of who I've become?" He said between sobs.

"She would be so proud of you Minho, and she loves you so much," Jisung said sternly, yet softly, looking into his eyes. He let go of Minho's hands and reached for his cheeks, placing his thumbs on them, and wiping his tears away. He slightly squinted his eyes - still looking into Minho's own. "Don't ever try to hide your broken side towards me. And don't you ever push me away."

"I just don't want to hurt you,"

"If you push me away, I will be hurt," Jisung stated.

A few minutes later, Minho had calmed down. The sobs had gone quiet and the tears had stopped flowing. He let his father control his life for the most of it, but he decided change was necessary. The traumatic scar wasn't going to go away anytime soon, yet he can't let it control him anymore.

He just wanted to be loved, he just didn't think anyone really did, until now. For some reason, he needed to hear it from someone, or he wouldn't have been able to move forward. The sentence he had heard his whole life long was that no one would ever love him.

Ever since Jisung had appeared into his life, it became brighter, year after year. He had found a reason to live. He was happy when Jisung and Mrs. Han moved in with them. It was the reason why his own father couldn't put him into a Psychiatric Institution anymore. He mostly pretended to live a happy life, now it can maybe become reality.

He was still afraid for some reason. He hadn't known life in any other way. Change kind of scared him, but it was necessary.

~~~

The two of them - Jisung and Minho - were standing near the station. Chan was also standing there, but he stood behind a corner, so the two didn't see him, nor did he know Minho was present.

Eventually, none of the two had joined his father's dinner. Jisung walked Minho to the station, not wanting him to be alone right now. "Please, don't act any different with me... Be your mean self again at times," Minho spoke up, a sly grin on his face and eyebrows raised.

"I will, only 'cause you're asking so kindly," Jisung snorted. They walked a bit further, towards the platform, as the train was arriving. Minho noticed Chan get on it, and the latter saw Minho walking towards the door as well, while talking to a boy he had never seen before, but he could guess.

He got on the train, and as he stood by the doorway, he waved at Jisung and said something before the doors closed, "The other day when I kissed you, I told you I didn't mean to; I lied."

Jisung's eyes were blown wide as his heart skipped a beat or two... and the doors of the train closed shut. He turned around, shaking his head as he chuckled, and walking home again with a grin on his face.

"What was that all about?" Chan said as Minho had also turned around, a sly smirk painted on his face and his eyebrows raised in amusement.

"Nothing... Just trying to figure some things out," He exhaled as they sat down on the passenger seats.

[A/N]
I'm lowkey sad😔😔 nobody's commenting on paragraphs of the story anymore😔
I dunno if it's cuz y'all just wanna keep reading or if it's just getting boring
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Istg I had edited this chap sm but I lost all of those changes and now it doesnt feel right anymore dkjdkdjdkd im so sad nowwww ive been thinking over and over but nothinggggg~~~ so sorry if this is badd oop///// I updated yesterday as well btw!(In case you missed it)

To be continued ;)