• 40 •

Months had passed. Everything settled down as days went by. Minho had gotten a job in his hometown - a café to be specific. He now worked at the small place where he used to meet up with his friends. He had no parent to pay for his college tuition so he needed a solution. He was not just going to skip his last year because of personal issues.

They had now reached their last week of summer vacation. Minho had enough money to pay for his entrance fee so that had to do it for now. Jisung was enrolling in his first year of college - together with his friends. They were all very excited, even though Minho and his friends assured them that it wasn't that fun.

One of their friends was rather sad, though. That person being his cousin, the one and only Yang Jeongin. The poor boy still had to live through his last year of high school. Luckily for him, Jisung had introduced him to some people, one of them being Jiyeon. The latter deserved a better friend than her previous one - Soyeon - and that was where Jeongin came in. He might not be a girl, but at least he was fun and doesn't change how people act.

Also, something that shocked Minho was that Jeongin and his brother were on okay terms. Jeongin hadn't forgiven him for anything but they did start talking again. Jungin was now doing his last year of high school again, for the fourth time - a disadvantage of having changed schools in the middle of the year. He was now in the same class as his younger brother.

~~~

Minho was located in a small office, counting the money that was inside of the cash desk - of the small cafe. It might be small but the business was doing great. More than great even.

He got annoyed as a customer kept pushing the bell over and over. "I'll be right with you," He shouted from the room, across the cafe. In fact, he had been serving customers all by himself for the past few weeks. His boss had fired his co-worker because the girl was always hours late to her shift. She wasn't of much help anyway. He locked the cash desk and put it aside and then swiftly walked out of the room, heading towards the cafe as he was reading some previous orders off of his notebook. "What can I get you?" He asked with a gentle smile. That was the hardest part of his job; smiling all the time.

This routine goes on for eight hours, with a few breaks in between, but still. Minho's boss appeared behind him, startling him. "Good news, your new co-worker will start this afternoon!"

"Thank goodness, finally," Minho panted. It was way too much work, juggling everything by his lonesome. He just hoped the new co-worker to be easygoing and that they would actually come on time for their shifts and helped him out.

A few hours passed and it was now time for his break, he made himself a coffee and sat down on his chair in the office. He looked over at the clock and noticed that his new co-worker should be here at any minute. His boss knocked on his open door and told him his new co-worker had arrived just on time. He brought the boy inside and Minho eyes grew wider. "Felix?" He questioned, not sure if his eyes were playing tricks on him or not - which they were not. It was the one and only Lee Felix.

"Minho hyung? You work here?" He asked, the answer of it being quite obvious. Why else would he be sitting there? For fun? No.

"Obviously," Minho chuckled, eyebrows raised at the younger boy's dumb question. "Why do you want to work here?"

"To help my mom pay for my college tuition..." He replied. He wasn't going to ask the elder why he was there, because he had an idea as to why and didn't want to make Minho feel uncomfortable about the situation. "Anyway, I'm really happy I get to work with you, hyung!"