• 19 •

It was two o'clock in the afternoon. Minho hadn't left his room since the day before, he didn't want to face anyone. He didn't want to face Jisung, nor his father.

He knew old memories would come back once he developed romantic feelings towards someone. Once he fell in love with someone. He just didn't want that someone to be Jisung, he wanted it to be no one. He doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, especially Jisung's. Although he might have already done that.

He had never expected to fall in love with his best friend, the one he knew since birth.

Now he was just sitting in his bed, locked up in his room as he let out quiet and muffled sobs. Don't be mistaken, he locked himself in, not wanting anyone to barge in.

Yet, there was someone suddenly knocking on his bedroom door. "Minho?" Jisung questioned, not sure if Minho was actually inside. "Your dad said guests are arriving so he wants you to come downstairs,"

Minho tried sounding as normal as possible, as if he wasn't crying just now. He tried to contain the streaming tears that were coming down, but hearing Jisung's voice wasn't helping him at all. "I'll be right down, I'm not dressed yet."

He didn't lie, as he wasn't dressed properly, but he also wasn't going to since he doesn't plan on leaving his room for another couple of hours. Then he was going to take the train back to his dorm. Now he was lying in his bed, all curled up in his blankets, leaning against the headboard. Just letting tears flow.

Jisung on the other hand - or rather, on the other side of the door - noticed a change of tone in Minho's voice. He heard a shiver in Minho's throat, holding it all in. He didn't question it - not out loud - so he walked away, only to come back not even half a minute later.

He put his key into the keyhole, turning it around and opening the door. Yet, it didn't quite open completely, there was also a chain lock keeping it from opening any further. You got to be kidding me.  He put his hand in the crack of the door, grabbing the lock and moving it upwards, thus unlocking it.

"Remember you giving me a spare key, for these kinds of moments," Jisung said softly as he opened the door, standing by the doorway. "This is my first time using it," He added with a glint of worry in his eyes. "Also, that chain lock was attached wrongly." He pointed at its structure and how it wasn't attached right, it not being a concern right now.

Minho let out a soft chuckle, under his tears. The younger had always sensed when something was wrong and bothering him. He had always tried to hide his sadness from Jisung, but it barely ever worked. Barely.

He looked into Jisung's eyes as the latter still stood by the doorway, and Jisung looked into his - his big, brown, swollen and teary eyes - as he closed the door behind him, locking it once again. He walked towards the elder, taking a seat in front of him on his bed.

A single tear ran along Jisung's face. He moved forward and gave Minho the biggest hug ever. He had never been able to be there for him during his hard times - especially since Minho was always at his dorm lately.

He pulled out of the hug, again looking into Minho's eyes and remaining that way for several seconds. "Please, Minho. Tell me what happened," Jisung said questionably.

"Why don't you hate me?" Minho completely ignored what Jisung had said, and had a question of his own.

Jisung sighed. "Don't try to change the subject-"

"Why don't you hate me?" He repeated, demanding an answer.

"Why would I hate you?" He asked softly, slightly squinting his eyes.

"Reasons..." He really wanted to tell Jisung what was going on and why he was behaving like this. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder why Jisung doesn't hate him. He should have by now.

"Give me one reason why I should hate you," Jisung said, raising his eyebrows.

A few sobs escaped his throat. "... I kissed you, acted like a total asshole afterwards, and now I'm sitting here crying like a baby," Minho muttered.

Jisung let out a soft chuckle. "Give me one good reason why I should hate you,"

The elder wiped away his tears, as his eyes were becoming less and less watery. "I... stole your first kiss?" He said questionably, not sure if this was a good enough reason for him.

"Not good enough," He murmured softly, shaking his head left to right.

"Damn it, why are you so nice," Minho sighed, not in a disappointing way, of course. But maybe, just maybe, he wanted Jisung to hate him. No, I don't.

"Because I care about you," Jisung said caringly, grabbing the pillow out of Minho's grip, and putting it aside, sitting cross-legged in front of him on the bed. He took Minho's hands into his own, holding them softly, while gently stroking his thumbs over the back of his hands. "But you know, if you want me to be a tad rude again, I can do that," He snorted playfully, which also made Minho smile a bit. "Now tell me, what happened?"

[A/N]
Wowowowwww cliffhanger damnn
Well hello, my feet hurt from work
Like omg I can't even stand properly I'm so tireeeeeedddddd,,, g'night✊

Anyhow, besides the fact that i gotta work for a week, I got two weeks of vacationnnn so updates might be more frequent (if y'all even want that :))

Q: Your honest opinion on this story? (Critisism? Things I could do better?
Things you specifically like? ...)

A: If no one answers that imma go hide in a corner n pretend this never happened xD

To be continued ;)