• 37 •

Minho and Jisung arrived home as they had just gotten back from their little walk. Immediately when they stepped foot inside of the house, loud and sharp footsteps were heard. Mrs. Han - wearing her fancy high heels - rushed towards the two, "Han Jisung, why did you run out of the house as soon as you had arrived?"

Both of them had, of course, released their previously intertwined hands as they entered the house. Jisung looked quite taken aback by his mother's words. He didn't even think he was noticed when he had entered and exited so quickly. "I- I went to look for Minho hyung," He muttered, grabbing the said boy by his waist and pulling him closer.

Minho would be lying if he said his insides weren't doing flips, because they definitely were. "And we took a long walk on our way back," Minho backed him up.

"Well, I'm glad both of you got home in time for dinner," She spoke up. She had noticed some changes in their behaviour, changes they wouldn't even notice themselves, but brushed it off. Interfering between two individuals in love probably wasn't the best idea, so she decided to mind her own business.

As they all sat down at the dining table, Minho's father appeared from behind the kitchen corner, a bottle of water in hand. Jisung had greeted the man - because he was terrified of him - Minho hadn't.

Mr. Lee felt quite disrespected by his own son. Those weren't the manners he had left him with. "With that kind of attitude no one will love you, son," As much as he tried to out those words like a caring parent would - while hiding behind an evil mask, Jisung knew exactly what Minho's father was up to.

All he ever does is try to break him.

"That's not true," Jisung spat. He just couldn't sit still and do nothing about this. He didn't get how Minho was so calm around his father when he had basically been mistreated and abused by the man - both mentally and physically.

Mr. Lee was quite taken aback by Jisung's sudden outburst. The blond boy had never talked to him like this before. "Excuse me?" Mr. Lee hissed questionably, eyebrows raised.

"I said that what you just told Minho hyung wasn't true," He repeated his previous words, to which Mr. Lee just snorted. Minho's eyes widened as Jisung spoke up to his father. "because I love him,"

"You love him?" Mr. Lee questioned in a frightening tone. Mrs. Han was shocked, partly by Jisung's outburst but most of all because of Mr. Lee. The man's aura had darkened and his speaking voice had changed completely. She didn't even recognize him anymore. It was as if her best friend's soul had just left out of his body. "How disgusting,"

The man chuckled mockingly - evil even. "You never told me you were gay, son," He spoke, directed towards Minho, of course. "You become a bigger disappointment as time goes on."

Silent.

Minho simply didn't want to waste his breath on something he knew he'd get angry for. In the corner of his eyes, he saw Jisung clenching his fist. He reached up to the younger boy's hand and grabbed it, calming him down slowly.

"You become a bigger asshole as time goes on too," Minho retorted, having received enough of what he can handle. "I really think you needed that psychiatric institution more than I did... You're mental,"

"How dare you speak to me like that-"

"How dare I? How dare you treat your own son like he's some kind of criminal, when in reality, he's not. I took all of your bullshit in because I was too young to stand up to you, now I'm not anymore. You made me believe no one would ever love me. You made me believe no one loved me. You made me feel all alone." Minho said, on the verge of tears. Yet, none of the tears reached out.