• 14 •

Hours had passed before Jisung finally woke up. His head felt lighter and the pain had gone.

As he felt better, he got out of his bed and walked out of his room. He rubbed his eyes, waking himself up while walking down the stairs.

He froze as he saw an unfamiliar face amongst the people at the dining table.

"Jisung! Just in time for dinner," Minho's father spoke. "Join us."

Minho looked at him in concern, wondering if he was feeling better. The younger took a seat diagonally in front of Minho - next to Minho's father - and spoke up, "So.. who's our guest," He smiled as sweetly as possible, looking at the girl who's sitting next to Minho - in front of his mother.

The girl was about to introduce herself the moment Jisung walked into the room, so she waited a minute for everyone to take their seats. "My name is Dahyun! It's a pleasure to meet you all!" She smiled, slightly bowing her head to each one of them.

"The pleasure is ours," Minho's father told back at her, smiling at the girl.

Jisung, however, looked confused as to why she was here. Not that he was against it, he just couldn't place it. It's not like this day was a special one.

"We ran into each other at the mall a few hours ago, so I invited her over for dinner. I had also called another friend from college, but he couldn't make it," Minho explained. He cursed Chan for not coming over and saving him from this probable awkward dinner to be.

They were all eating peacefully - but, of course, his father had to ruin it with one question, making the whole situation awkward - as he had predicted. "So.. how long have the two of you been going out?"

Minho looked up from his plate, staggered because of the question that just got thrown at him. He had never even mentioned anything about the sort, so his father assuming that he was dating her kind of came as a shock to him - kind of.

Meanwhile, Jisung was busy choking on his noodles. This really wasn't his day. He stood up to get himself a glass of water, not wanting any unnecessary attention.

As she saw Minho - speechless - Dahyun decided to speak up instead of him. "We are just friends, Mr. Lee."

Minho snapped out of his gaze and listened to what Dahyun was saying.

His father was looking at the two, questionable, and Dahyun tried to explain. "Believe me, I tried. I used to have this enormous crush on him when I'd first met him. But he said there was someone else, so I understood and let it go. We became really good friends instead, and I wouldn't trade our friendship for the world,"

"Well, I'm glad he's got a friend like you who he can count on!" He smiled towards the girl. "And who is this other person, son?" His father asked him, actually showing an interest in his son's life for once. But he didn't want anyone to be interested in that part of his life; his love life. "You've never mentioned anyone,"

Minho sighed in disbelief. "Because you never asked,"

"Well, I'm asking now,"

"Sorry, it's private," He said as he stood up from his chair, cleaning up the plates from the table, excusing himself as he entered the kitchen.