Chapter 6

"5:00 A.M", I muttered as I jumped out of bed to wash my face with cold water para magising agad ang dugo.

I don't have to be somewhere else as of now but I always wake up at 5 in the morning to review for my major subjects.

I don't want to disappoint Papa and Mama.

Mamamatay ako kapag nangyari yun.

I started flipping the pages of the first book I want to read and went on and on up to where my mind can take when...

"Je, breakfast na raw", Fhen said as she knocks gently.

"Wait up, Fhenny! Be there a bit", I left a bookmark before totally closing the page of the book and watched my reflection on the mirror. I immediately went outside not to keep someone waiting.

"Reviewing?", she asked while walking with me to the kitchen.

"Lagi naman", I said while smiling at the floor, not facing her.

"Magiging magna cum laude ka na niyan haha!", she smirked while clapping her hands like a cute sea lion

"Huwag lang bumagsak ayos na 'ko noh", I told her habang sinasaway ko siya sa ginagawa niyang kabaliwan.

Jema. Fhen. Have a seat. Don't keep the food waiting.
Our coach offered when she saw us laughing at our stories kahit na nasa hapag-kainan na.

Yes, coach.

And we both sat down to the vacant seats.

We savored the grace of God for a few minutes with matching kulitan sa hapag-kainan.

Today is rest day, okay? But make sure that you're fit for the training to be scheduled tomorrow. No lates especially no absences.
Coach Air mentioned after that heavy meal.

Yes coach!

W

e answered in chorus.

With that meaningful breakfast ay bumalik na ako sa kwarto para mag-review.

I had 5-6 pages left to read para matapos ang lessons for this week and that made my heart feel light.

9:45 AM, I saw from my peripheral vision while reading the second book.
I checked my phone and 17% na lang so I decided to charge it.

I checked kung nagreply pa ba si Deanna pero wala na akong natanggap early this morning. I, then continued to read the remaining pages.

"Je!", another knock from my door.

"Tara sa mall! Mabubulok ka diyan! Tatanda ka talagang dalaga", Ate Mylene continued.

Ang dami niya pang sinabi para lang pagbuksan ko siya ng pinto but in the end, I gave in. I fixed my self and kinuha na ang wallet and phone ko.

Habang nasa mall, I instantly felt uneasy. Paano ba naman ang dami-daming tao. Nakakahiya. I'm wearing a white cap, eyeglasses, plain white v-neck and a denim short matched with white shoes like usual.

Nag-ikot ikot lang kami na panay sunod sa mga seniors.

"Jema, nazozone out ka na naman. Kalma ka lang. Iikot lang tayo para samahan sila and then pwede ka ng pumunta don oh", Fhen said while pointing at the nearest bookstore.