Chapter 23

We're still here inside the car not talking much but the awkwardness I felt a while ago seemed to vanish after she mentioned that I'm forgiven. I faced her and smiled. Now she looks confuse all of a sudden.

"Ginagawamue? Haha", biro niya matapos i-pinch ang cheeks ko.

Her gesture did not change even just for a bit, it was like years ago... Just like she used to be when we were still "us"

"You're still doing that", I smiled and held her hand gently.

"Do what?", her eyebrows met to prove that she's skeptical.

"Ang mang-pinch ng cheeks. You always do that b-back then", I told her while blushing. Kung kailan naman kasi kikiligin eh.

"Hmmm. That explains it. Pero bitiwan mo na kamay ko", she pinched my cheek again and laughed

I just glanced her way for another few minutes. Ang ganda niya talaga, sobra. Sobrang solid kung tititigan siya, kahit saang anggulo hindi magulo kasi malinaw, malinaw na siya pa rin hanggang ngayon.

"SHOOT!", l heard her burst out when she opened a message from her phone

"M-may problema b-ba?", natataranta kong tanong

She just pouted there and looked at me "Iniwan na nila ako eh. Ihatid moko sa dorm ha? Kasalanan mo naman kung bakit nandito ako eh", pagtataray niya

"Oo na po mahal na reyna", lumapit ako sa kanya and boy!, that bvlgari perfume never changed a bit, her tempting scent captivated me.
Napalunok na lang ako habang nakatingin sa leeg niya and...

" There!", I told her with much sweat on my forehead. Agad-agad din akong lumayo dahil nag-iinit na ang pakiramdam ko.

"Thank you. Sweet naman pala", sabi niya habang nakatingin sa seatbelt na ikinabit ko.

" Shall we?", I cleared my throat and started the engine.

"Wait up", she said and wiped my sweat with her hanky.

I'm just staring at her with full amazement while her beauty oozes in.

"Ang ganda mo", I just said without warning kaya napatingin siya sa mga mata ko. I closed my eyes and...

Kissed her in the lips.

Any moment from now ineexpect kong itutulak niya ako at sasampalin dahil sa ginawa kong pangnanakaw ng halik pero...

She just parted our lips and started biting her lower lip.

"I-iuwi m-mo n-na ako, Deans", she said nervously.

I started pressing the gas pedal and off we go!

Nobody said anything along the way, siguro dahil na rin sa kabaliwan na ginawa ko kanina.

I smiled with the thought.
She did not push me around as I have expected and that gave me a hope.
A hope that if I continue being with her, showing her how much I loved and love her... maybe... just maybe, she would want me to come back and continue our love story.

"We're here, Je", I told her while parking the car.

I got out immediately and opened the door near her.

"Thanks for the ride. Congrats ulit", she said without looking at me.

"JEMA!!!!!", a familiar voice bursted from falcons' dorm.

We turned to look around and not to my surprise that it's her again... Fhen Emnas. I just followed my gaze on her while she hugs the queen of my life.

"Bakit ang tagal mo? Kanina pa ako tumatawag sayo di mo naman sinasagot, di ka rin nagrereply. May nangyari ba? Nasaktan ka ba? Anong masakit sayo?", tuluy-tuloy niyang tanong.

"Lakas maka-imbestigador ah", kausap ko ang inner self ko.

"I'm fine. Nandito na ako oh. Sorry na po", she pinched Fhen's cheek at ginulo ang buhok nito.

They look like a cute couple which made my whole face turn red. My blood seems to ooze up and boil in my face.

" Jema ano ba?!", pasigaw kong tanong sa kanya.

"Hm? B-bakit?", curious niyang tanong.

I slapped my face for acting strange again.

"C'mon self, kalma. Hindi naman kayo diba? Tyaka baka nanliligaw na 'tong Fhen sa kanya. Mukha namang masaya sila eh, okay na 'yon. Napatawad ka na rin naman niya. Now, let her be happy", my inner self told me.

I breathed heavily and smiled at her.

"W-wala. I'm sorry. Thank you nga pala for being with me. Pahinga ka na. Congratulations player of the game. Continue soaring.

By the way, you look good together", I said before going back to my car.

Fhen started running after me.

"Deanna Wong", she called.

"Yeah?", I told her while opening the door.

"Thank you for the compliment. We'll see each other again. Good luck sa upcoming games", she said cheerfully.

"Same with you", I told her bitterly and went inside the car. Agad ko namang ini-start ang engine at humarurot na paalis.

When I think I've been far enough from them, I slowed down the pace of the car and turned the radio on.

"What a timing", I told myself with sarcasm when the song started playing.

Who would have thought that I'd be here by myself?
Who would have thought that you'd be bad for my health?

"I'd be bad for you health", I changed the lyrics

Now I know, now I know
I'm just a man on a wire, oh

Who would have thought about the cause and effect?
Yesterday's love is not tomorrow's regrets
Now I know, now I know
I'm just a man on a wire, oh

No, I can't look down
I'm trying to fight the feeling
I will fall to the ground
If I ever see you
'Cause I feel like I'm walkin' a tightrope

My heart is in my throat
I'm counting on high hopes to get me over you
And I've got my eyes closed
As long as the wind blows
I'm counting on high hopes to get me over you, you
'Cause I'm a man on a wire, on a wire
I'm a man on a wire, on a wire

"Should I get over you, Jema Galanza?", I asked myself after turning the radio off. My vision started to get blurry when I realized that my tears are betraying me. Nakita ko namang naiwan niya ang hanky niya kaya ginamit ko na lang to wipe these tears, baka madisgrasya pa ako eh.

When I got back, all eyes are on me.
Whatever, I'm ready for the interrogation. Let's get this on.