episode-4

Generally if someone got even a slight injury, we would react immediately it's humanity.

            But here it's quite opposite, instead they started cursing me for interrupting their fight,and left me on the floor.

              My body has not been fully recovered from the injuries,as I am struggling to get up one of the  guy whose face is not much swollen in the fight, I can say that even I couldn't see his face clearly,  gave me a hand and helped me to get up.

               He went off without even allowing me to say thank you . Sighing I went to the washroom to check my wounds, because I am afraid that the fall made my wounds worst. Thankfully, the damage is not much just body pains, otherwise I am ready to attend the classes on my first day.

             After I finished stuffing my locker with books,meds and other stuff, I went in search of my classroom and found it.

              "Yeah here it is,my math class", I opened the door and see everyone looking at me with questioning eyes.

                "Welcome you must be Venus,Take a seat!" the middle-aged professor welcomed me with a warm smile.

                 I choose a middle seat from the front.As I'm opening my book "Hi, I'm Clara,wanna be friends?" the girl sat next to me asked in a low whisper.

               "Hi Clara, I'm Venus 🤝😊."
By looking at her I can tell she is a nice girl and we are going to be good friends. I don't know why but I can feel that she will be my saving grace.

                "Who is talking there?" Mr.James, as I got to know the professor's name , yelled and continued with his lecture without even bothering to turn back. I guess I am back to my college life....

            The class has come to an end and everyone rushed towards the exit.I went out to see Clara is waiting for me.

             "Hey Venus,let me see your schedule so that we can know how many classes we can sit together".

              "Perfect!Almost everything is same exept for one class" she squealed.

                Finally it's lunch time and Clara dragged me to the cafetaria.        
               "Come on Venus I'll introduce you to my gang and " I interrupted and politely refused her offer. I can see that she got disappointed a bit but then thought otherwise. She went ahead to her gang telling me to wait for her at lockers.   

                    I found a secluded table and settled there with my packed lunch. I took out a veg-burger and started to devour it and looked around the students sitting in groups, enjoying their time. The cafetaria filled with laughter and chatter....

                I remembered having lunch at my old school and college cafetaria.My Mom used to pack me lunch.She was a wonderful cook and used to make sure to pack me different varieties,all my favorite dishes.

         But now, I have neither Mom nor any favourite dish.. I was immersed in my thoughts and didn't notice a traitorous tear trying to come out of my eye.... I quickly wiped it and reminded myself of my resolution to be strong.

                   I sighed knowing I cannot be like them, I know that wicked villain of my life has been waiting for me to get caught. I am better off as a lone wolf rather than being in a pack....

       I know it is better that way.