Epidose-22

Today I decided to search for a shelter, I can't do it alone so I asked for Jake's help. Sounds stupid right but I don't have any other option cause I can't ask others, if I do they won't allow me to move out of this mansion.

"Hey Venus, get ready I'll be there in 30 minutes."-Jake.

After getting ready I went downstairs and met Amanda and George. I think they are waiting for someone.

" hey Venus, are you going somewhere ?" George asked me. I nodded " yeah, with one of my friend and he's waiting outside can I leave now?" "Of course hun have a nice time" Amanda told me.

" Venus!" I stopped and turned to them. " Mr. Joseph is coming here, we are going out for a meeting and we'll be home by late tonight. So don't wait for us. Have dinner and sleep okay" Amanda told me.

"Sure Amanda, have a nice day both of you" I waved at them and went out of the mansion.

Jake is already waiting for me, leaning to his car. I smiled at him and get into the car. I'm going to be dead if any of my friends see me with Jake. The car ride is so silent. I don't know if it's a good choice or not asking Jake's help out of all.

"Can I ask you a question?" I broke the silence. " yeah, you can." "Uh...why you are acting like a bad boy in college?" " because I am" he said with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and asked " okay, you know that I'm friends with your rivalry gang, still you are being nice to me why?" He thought for a second " cause I want to be friend with you."

When I'm about to ask him a question my phone started buzzing. I'm getting messages from the group.

Clara — Hey guys, feeling boring can we meet         
                up at Zandar's house?

Zandar — Always welcome.

Clara — where are the remaining?

Blake — Hola, I'm in.

Joe — me too.

Charlie — at what time?

Zandar— right now.

"Uh..oh" Jake turned to me and asked " what's wrong". "Clara sent a text in group asking us to meet at Zandar's house." After hearing Clara's name Jake's grip tightened on the steering and his knuckles turning white.

Me — Sorry Clara I can't, I came out.   
            with....Jake.

Zandar — What!!!! Where are you now? And why do you went out with him? Are you out of your mind?"

Except him no one replied but I'm sure they are reading the messages.

Me — I'm sorry for not informing you guys, but
trust me it's not what you think it would
be.
They didn't say single word.

" So Venus, I've seen a room for you and it is near to our college. I've talked with the house owners so there'll be no problem for you. I'll take you there but before that can we have anything cause I'm feeling so hungry."

"Seriously!!! Thank you so much Jake it really meant a lot for me." I gave him a friendly hug and went to the nearby food truck.

After having some sandwich and coffee, Jake took me to the place where the house is. It was a nice one but not that safe to stay alone for me. I can manage my bills cause it's not that expensive house. Small yet cute one.

I asked Jake to drop me at my work place. He drove me there. While I'm about to get out of the car Jake stopped me.

"Venus,Can I ask you a favour?" His eyes were pleading for me to say yes. I can't say no after what he's doing for me. My brain is telling me to say no but it'll be selfish says my heart so I said " of course Jake you can and what's the favour?" He's looking at the ground with a sad expression.

"Whatever it is you can ask me I'll help Jake" his eyes lit up with a hope. "I know it's a lot to ask but I want your help to get most important person to come back into my life. If not coming back at least to stop treating me as some stranger.

I know there is something going on between Jake and Clara. " Is that person is Clara?" I asked. For a split second he is shocked but immediately changed his expression.

" No, it's not her. I need to be somewhere and it's urgent so I'll call you later ", he rushed. With that he drove away not before saying " see you soon Venus, bye".