episode 18

This is comforting. The feeling of someone holding you, without expecting any answers or explanations is the relief I am seeking from so long. It's like he don't need to give a long speech to comfort me. Just a hug and simple peck is enough and I feel contented.

After those horrible incidents I don't have courage to have a good life even in my dreams. I was terrified waking up to new faces and meeting some more within few days. I was anxious when I stepped into the class on my first day but then I found Clara and within minutes I felt comfortable. Then I met these boys who are just like Clara, will not judge me no matter what is going on in my life and I am thankful for that. And then there's Zan....

              I don't know for how long we sat there holding each other. We parted abruptly when we heard someone knocking on the door. We don't need to look each other to know our faces are as red as it could be. Zandar stood up, clearing his throat, to open the door and to my displeasure all four are standing at the door with teasing smiles on their stupidly attractive faces.

              Thank God they didn't ask anything and we both followed them in silence. We sat in the living room with chips, popcorn, soda and whatnot just with the 3 idiots blabbering and occasional throws of Clara and Zan. I noticed one thing though, they never, for once, talked about their families and that's when I realized they are doing that for me as they know I am still not comfortable enough to speak about them.

             I couldn't stop the happy tear that ran out of my eye but has been wiped out by Clara smiling at me as if she understand what's going on in my mind. We discussed about the timings of my training which would be 5am to 7am. Yeah it's quite early but I am fine with it and we agreed Zan will pick me and drop me back.

                Dinner is also quite eventful with everyone bickering and laughing. All in all I can say it is a great evening. At 11pm we retired to bed but I couldn't get a wink of sleep. I decided to go to pool side for some fresh air and lay down there watching the stars enjoying peaceful night.

                 I heard someone's footsteps and within seconds Zandar laying beside me. We don't have to talk anything to enjoy each other's company. Just laying there with him in this silent night brought immense peace to my heart. "Couldn't sleep?", He broke the silence smiling at me.  I just hummed in response. We lay by each other on the grass gazing stars in the peaceful night. After some time I broke the silence,"I'm thinking about few things which I want to share with you guys", I turned to him.

               I sat straight looking into the dark night with a long sigh with him doing the same looking at me , "I want to take you guys to some place next weekend if it is ok. I mean I understand if you are busy, it's just....". My rambling has been cut short by various voices shouting 'Yes, fine, we are free', randomly. We both looked behind at those four, in weird poses on the ground just beside some bushes. I guess they have been watching us for quite sometime and now giving us disappointed looks. I stared at them in confusion when Blake muttered not so slowly that he is expecting atleast a kiss from us and how boring we both are.

               Needless to say I turned red and Blake received a smack on head from Zandar. We shared a good laugh and finally gone to our rooms where I ran into bathroom knowing Clara is waiting for all the'Details' which I avoided successfully. Next day after college all of them came to drop me for work as it is my first day. After spending some time there, I sent them assuring I will be fine and will join in the conference call after reaching home.

              This place gives me a feel like I have been there for ages. Other staff are friendly and customers so far are seemed to be nice. My work is to take orders and pass it in the kitchen, serving will be done by others as I am new to this work. All in all it's going good for my first day of duty or so I thought until I have seen the next customer entering.

              To say  I am shocked to see him will be an understatement especially when my friends are not there with me.

———######———