Episode-21

"Venus,get up hun" Finally I came to my consciousness. To my wonder I'm still there on my bed in the mansion. So last night, that was a nightmare. God! that felt so real.

"Good morning Hun, are you okay? Do you....."I cut her off by hugging her tightly, I started crying. "Is everything okay Honey? That your trip with your friends, did something happen there?"

          "Yeah, everything is fine Amanda. I...I...had a nightmare and it felt so real." She patted my back "If you wanna take some rest go ahead I'll inform Clara to leave for college and you will join them later in the day ". I nodded and asked "Is Clara downstairs?"

          "Yeah, she came so early today and waiting for you in the living room" informed me. " okay Amanda don't ask her to leave. I'm feeling better now and don't want to miss the classes. I'll join you guys in 10min for the breakfast". She nodded and left the room.

          Finishing my daily routine I came to the dining room. Whenever I see Amanda and George the nightmare is replying in my mind. " Is everything alright with you Venus?" George asked me " yeah, George I'm just tired" I gave him a fake smile.

          From the corner of my eyes I can see Clara is observing me and I can sense she understood something happened last night, but I managed to behave normal through out the breakfast.

          Clara and I headed towards the car without a single word spoken by anyone of us. She started the engine pumping life into the car. She's the first to break the silence and asked me " what'd going on Venus? You're looking much disturbed than last evening when we were returning from your house. Has something happened last night?"

          "Not exactly and I'm glad to hear you saying that is my house, actually I thought you people are going to think of me as some insane person." She turned her head toward me.

          "No, never Venus. You're our friend and we do care for you"

          "I know you guys care for me, but the thing is I was brutally abused but I didn't lost the memory of my parents and my house where I lived most of my life", A tear escaped from my eye.

          As we entered the college the boys were already there waiting for us. We get down from the car and I excused myself from them and headed towards my locker. I know it's weird but I'm not ready to face any of them. I don't have anything to prove that whatever I told them was true and I'm not comfortable enough to show them my scars. I know they don't ask me any questions but I can see doubts in their eyes even when they are acting as if nothing happened.

———*****———

          It's been three days since my encounter with the nightmare but it's still haunting me. There're so many questions rotating in my head but the answers were with the one person who is chasing me desperately since my parents death. Nah since he killed them.

          And now this nightmare. I can't allow the people to be in danger because of me. It's better if I come out of their lives as soon as possible.

          Of thinking about all these things I'm walking to my work. I didn't realise that I came Across the road and when I was about to hit by a car someone pulled me towards them.

          "Uh....Thank yo...." I cut off myself after seeing the person who saved me. " Jake..." it came out more like a shock. "Where you lost?" He snapped at me "in thoughts" I replied.

          "Of course" is all he said. I'm glad he didn't ask any questions. Even if he asks I won't say anything because we're not friends either.

          " Anyways Thank you for saving me, I'm getting late for work so bye" when I was about to turn " Wait, Venus...right?" Oh! He knows my name. "What do you want?" He hesitated to speak but asked me " Can I walk you to your destination?". What! No way. Why is he even asking that. Of course he helped me but that doesn't mean I should say yes right.

          I felt someone hands waving on my face " Hey, I saved you. It's not that big of a deal to say yes and trust me I'm not that bad." " why should I trust you and our first encounter was not that good". "Hum....of course but our second one was not that bad I think." Ugh....he is so clingy " okay, fine, let's move."

          It's not that bad as I thought it would be. Jake is really friendly and it's an unexpected behaviour from him. He dropped me there and left without a single word further.