38 (The End Part 2)

Well you've made it to the end . I would just like to say I've had so much fun writing this story this past 2 1/2 years . I would also like to say I will be writing a sequel but I can't confirm exactly when the first chapter will be out considering I'm in college . It might be sooner than you think though.Thanks again for the reads guys!

Comment what you want to happen in the sequel here ➡️

———————————————-

Justin's POV :

FUCK . Hailey is heated , Scooter is pacing the room cussing me out every five minutes and my PR team is on the phone  in a frenzy trying to figure out how to get me out of the shit storm Aid created . I never thought I would have to say her name again, not after she left me out of nowhere , breaking my heart.
After that experience, I was alone for a while , before my friends and family forced me to go back out and record music and be Justin again . After a while , Hailey and I became friends again which turned into romance just like last time . I didn't want another girl to leave me so I proposed. I love Hailey , I do ; but not until now did I realize I'm not over my ex.
My ex that's possibly pregnant with my baby.

After logging off of every social media like Scooter and the team advised me to , I sit back in my seat , beyond stressed out over the last hour's events .

I decided to just text her and ask her if the baby was mine so this could all be over . It takes her half an hour to reply , with an answer that changes my life .
Aidrianna (Ex) : Yes.
I scramble and answer .
Justin : Yes What ?
Aidrianna (Ex) : Yes the baby is yours . I never wanted you to find out this way but it's complicated.
After that I am furious. Furious enough to walk into the hallway and dial her number.

——————
Aid's POV :
As soon as my phone rings , Lia and I share a look and I leave the living room back to my room so I could answer.

As soon as I said hello he is fuming.
"Aid WHAT THE FUCK !?! "
" I don't know what you want me to say Justin, I'm sorry."
"Sorry for what exactly? Leaving me out of nowhere when you knew I loved you , or taking my unborn child away without my knowledge?Huh?"
I sigh as tears seep from my eyes .
" I didn't want it to be like this ."
I can hear his heavy breathing over the phone .
" We have to talk in person . I need a little time to think about this ."
" Can you just come over tomorrow?"
"You're back in LA?"
" Yeah. I have meetings and I can't neglect my career any longer."
He goes silent .
" I'll be over at noon." And he hangs up the phone .

Once the line goes dead I go back into the living room where Lia is waiting for me to explain.
" He is coming over tomorrow to talk in person."

Justin's POV :
Just hearing the sound of her voice brought back the heartache I thought I was over.Hailey puts her hand over mine at the dinner table , taking me away from my thoughts of the day's events .
"Justin , I want to help you forget ."
"About what ?"
"Forget about her. Forget about all of your problems."
"I need to make sure it isn't mine .After that we can forget.Ok?"
Hailey pouts and nods her head , kissing me on the cheek and leaving me to my thoughts .
I know that I'm not going to be able to forget her . How could she keep my child away from me ? I'm so lost .

2 hours later
I've been trying to sleep for the past hour and thoughts and questions keep running through my head . I know I said I would come in the morning but I need answers, now.
I sneak out of the bed and grab my keys , going straight to Aid's apartment .
It's nostalgic making this drive, I haven't come here in months since I realized she'd moved to Chicago to stay with her father . I didn't know then why she wanted to escape me so bad and now I know .

Narrator:
Justin pulls into a parking space and runs up to the apartment complex searching for the door that belongs to his ex girlfriend. He brings his fist up to knock and pulls it down, rethinking the timing of the whole thing. He then remembers standing on the other side of that door crying and begging for her to talk to him just to find out from a concerned neighbor that she'd left a month prior . He takes this memory and bangs on the door forcefully, his chest heaving up and down and a small sweat starts to form on his forehead as he awaits her arrival.

Aid had just gotten out of the shower after a late night call with her father , telling him about how Justin found out . He suggested her to come back to Chicago until the rest of her pregnancy and she was really thinking about it. As soon as her head touched her pillow though, she heard furious bangs on the door . She grabbed her baseball bat from her closet and proceeded to walk to the door and find out who her uninvited guest was .

The locks turned slowly , and then the door flew open revealing a frustrated pregnant woman wielding a baseball bat , ready to swing . Justin backed up in shock , partly from the baseball bat but mostly from the size of her bump. Aid instantly relaxed once she'd realized it was Justin at the door and not a murderer .
She was also cautious because his face quickly turned from shock to anger to sadness.
Without a word , she let him in and they made their way towards the couch.
The silence was interrupted when Justin points at her stomach, a tear falling down his face .
"Why are you doing this ?"
She touches her stomach and looks back into his hazel eyes, not able to answer his question immediately.
" You said if I was pregnant it'd be career suicide.I didn't want to interfere with your dreams and I want my baby to be safe."
" Why wouldn't the baby be safe ?"
He sighs , covering up his bright red face.
"You also said that if I got pregnant you would want me to get an abortion, and I don't want. Not using protection might've been a mistake but my baby isn't .You don't know how hard it was for me to be pregnant after the last time . I cried myself to sleep for a year after having a miscarriage. You might not feel the same way but this baby was a blessing for me , and whether you want to be there for him or not , I'm having this baby."
She lets out a big sigh after her speech , holding onto the armrest and catching her breath.
Justin sits in shock. He never knew about her past miscarriage or how strongly she felt about something he'd said months ago . He then realizes that's when she was trying to tell him the first time, and he'd just made her feel like shit. That's why she left for months, so he couldn't make her get an abortion.
She's full on crying on the other side of the couch , holding her stomach. He leans over and pulls her into him.
"Baby, I'm so sorry . Look at the mess we've made."
She leans back at the sound of that old nickname, confused.
" You're engaged Justin.You probably shouldn't even be here."
He pulls her back into him and kisses the top of her head like he used to do.
" Can we keep each other company ? We'll figure out the rest later ."
And they forget about the world . At least for a night.

THE END