I. Pilot

How to pronounce Tamara's name ⬆️

COLD LITTLE HEART
pilot

THINGS CAN CHANGE IN A MATTER OF SECONDS

THINGS CAN CHANGE IN A MATTER OF SECONDS. Regardless of the situation, it can be affective. When you care about someone, your first instinct is to help them in any way possible. However, sometimes you have to let them cope on their own terms and be there for moral support. That's what Tamara had to go through when her best friend, Elena Gilbert, parents died in a horrific car accident.

Sadly enough, Tamara went through this also. She was in the car with Elena and her parents when the accident occurred. Everything happened so fast, she didn't even have time to react and before she knew it, they were all underwater. Obviously enough, Elena and Tamara made it out alive but it still remains a mystery of who pulled them out of the lake and saved them.

•••

As Tamara was in her room getting ready for school, she turned up the tv that was plastered on her wall as she turns the volume up. It was a young couple who was in their early twenties, Darren and Brooke, and they went missing last night. They think it has to do with all of the animals attacks that have been happening recently in Mystic Falls.

Tamara immediately turns off the tv and went back to getting ready for school. She hates hearing bad news and this is certainly not what she wants to be hearing early in the morning. There have been lots of animal attacks happening and all of this news gets her on edge, and it makes her feel uneasy whenever she's out and about especially if she's alone.

Not wanting to think about that right now, Tamara lightly applies her mascara, going for a natural look as she was looking at her reflection in the mirror. It has been about five years since her parents have told her that she was adopted. Like everyone's first reaction, when they're told that they're adopted, is pure shock. But, it did explain everything. Tamara always felt different from her family.

Tamara was really upset at her birth parents for giving her up for the longest time, but she came to terms that if it wasn't for them, Tamara wouldn't have been a daughter and sister towards her parents and brother. Even though her family is different from other average families. Tamara's father is the mayor of mystic falls, which can add lots of pressure to being the daughter of the mayor. There are many certain expectations that their parents have on her and her brother, Tyler. They want to paint a picture perfect family for everyone to see, even though that wasn't the case.

Tyler and Tamara has never been close. Whenever they do converse or acknowledge each other's existence, it's usually done by them arguing with one another. As for her parents, they can be quite strict. Her mother can be emotionally draining to be around with her high class attitude whereas her father can have a short temper. Which unfortunately, his a gene was passed down to Tyler. Tamara is just glad that she's doesn't have to deal with having anger issues...probably the best thing about being adopted.