III. Bad Moon Rising

COLD LITTLE HEART
bad moon rising

THE NEXT DAY TAMARA WENT TO THE BOARDING HOUSE, and they were waiting for Alaric to arrived

THE NEXT DAY TAMARA WENT TO THE BOARDING HOUSE, and they were waiting for Alaric to arrived. Damon's obsession with Tamara's family was escalating and now they were trying to figure out what exactly was so special about them. Tamara was sitting next to Elena avoiding Damon's gaze on her, which were making things even more awkward. Stefan and Elena could sense their tension, but they didn't question it. Thankfully, Alaric had just arrived.

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon asks him.

Alaric is straight-forward, "Elena mentioned you needed my help."

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on my family," Tamara tells him.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" Alaric asks them.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not dead vampire wife might," Damon said shrugging.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena suggests.

Stefan adds, "You said that she had spent years researching this town."

"Isobel's research was here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought most of it was fiction," Alaric tells them.

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon adds.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Tamara asks Alaric curiously.

Alaric just says, "The lycanthrope."

"Wait, like werewolves?" Tamara ask in shock.

"No way, werewolves aren't real, impossible, way too Lon Chaney," Damon said shaking his head.

"'Werewolves aren't real', an actual statement coming from a vampire. Right," Tamara said rolling her eyes at his ignorance.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon ask raising his eyes brows at Tamara.

"What's with them two?"  Alaric mutter to Stefan and Elena. Elena sighs and shrugs her shoulders, but neither of them gives an actual answer.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric questions.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on Founders' Day, but the Gilbert device did and it affected Tyler," Damon informs him.

"Wait I didn't know that," Tamara says looking at Damon.

"The topic wasn't brought up," Damon said shrugging his shoulders.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's work. It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity," Stefan speaks up.