XXII. Founder's Day

COLD LITTLE HEART
founder's day

TODAY WAS THE FOUNDERS DAY PARADE, and the Miss Mystic Falls Court has based its float on the 1800's when the town was founded

TODAY WAS THE FOUNDERS DAY PARADE, and the Miss Mystic Falls Court has based its float on the 1800's when the town was founded. Tamara's hair was curled to almost perfection, thanks to her mothers persistence on making her daughter look more beautiful than the other girls on the float. She was now getting dressed up in a beautiful, but painful gown that would've been worn by the upscale women of the time.

"Does it have to be that tight mom," She complain to her who was tying up the corset.

"I know that it hurts, but I need to properly do it unless the whole corset will come down considering you're really slim honey," Her mom states while looking at her in the mirror.

"Alright, I'm finish," Her mom continues as she observe her daughter's beauty.

"I look so..."

"Gorgeous," Her mom finishes.

"Different," Tamara said after, and her mom rolls her eyes.

"It's how women dressed back then, it suits the event today," Tamara shook her head as she gazes at herself in the mirror. She didn't look hideous or unflattering, she's just not used of looking so distinct.

"Well you look beautiful sweetheart, now I have to go to your school early, and so do you. So let's go," Her mom said as she made her way towards her door and left. Tamara took one last look at herself in the mirror before following her mom.

Once they've arrived at the school her mom immediately took her towards where the float was, and she notice that there were students filling up in the front of the school and they were all wearing their founder days costume just like she was. She was looking around for Stefan because he was escorting her on the float, and once she found him, she saw that Damon was next to him. As soon as she was in their eyesight, she saw Damon's eyes widen as he stared at Tamara in awe, and she smile at them as she gave them a small bow.
•••
Elena and Stefan pulled Tamara aside before Stefan and her were supposed to attend the float.

"There's something I have to tell you, and I'm not sure how you'll handle it," Elena says to her as delicately as she could.

"What is it?" Tamara ask hesitantly.

"I found out who our birth father is," Elena said slowly.

"What? Who is it?" Tamara immediately ask her.

"John."

"John?" She repeat and Tamara look from Elena to Stefan who confirms it with a nod.

"Oh my god, how is that even possible?" Tamara ask. She felt like she needed to sit down, but it was impossible to do so in this huge uncomfortable dress.

"There is no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager and he was the one who brought her to Elena's dad's office for the delivery," Stefan speaks up.