V. You're Undead to Me

COLD LITTLE HEART
you're undead to me

"SHE SPENT THE NIGHT IN HIS ROOM?" Tamara questioned in a disgusted tone as her phone was put on speaker as it was placed on top of her dresser while she was doing her makeup and hair

"Yes, she was in the bathroom brushing her teeth when I went in there." Elena rambles on.

"What did you do?" She questions.

"I just left, I didn't know what else to do." Elena answers.

"She went from my brother to yours." Tamara jokingly said as she finishes her last touch up in the bathroom before going back to her room with her phone in hand.

"It's not funny, of all people why Vicki?"

"That is the exact same question I would always ask Tyler. Hey, have you spoken to Stefan yet?" She asks changing the subject. Elena hasn't heard from Stefan since the Founder's Party, four days to be exact.

"Not since he left that very vague message three days ago. "Hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days." Tamara chuckles as Elena attempt to sound like Stefan.

"Haven't you call him?" Tamara questions.

"Nope. Not going to." Elena said stubbornly, which surprise Tamara.

"And you're okay with everything." Tamara rhetorically asks.

" No, I'm not ok with any of it. But I'm not gonna cry about it, either. You know, I was going to write in my diary this morning and then I thought, what am I going to write? Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy."

"Duly noted," Tamara said as she looks through her closet to wear for today.

"I'll be fine." She said reassuring herself mainly towards herself than Tamara. Tamara knew her best friend all too well, and she knows that she will not be fine until Stefan explains everything to her.
•••
"The sexy suds car wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones who could pull off the bikini. I want, in your face, sexy. I mean, it's a fundraiser, for god's sake." Caroline informs two of the cheerleaders that are standing with her as they hand out flyers.

Looking at Bonnie and Tamara in disbelief Elena says, "Unbelievable, it's like nothing even happened."

"She's in denial," Tamara confirms.

"Hey." A quiet voice says behind the three girls and looking in the direction it came from, it was Stefan.

"Hey, you know what, Tamara and I gotta go, we have somewhere, very important to be right now." Bonnie quickly says before lacing her arm with Tamara and walking away.