IV. Family Ties

COLD LITTLE HEART
family ties

COLD LITTLE HEARTfamily ties

BANG!

WAKING UP FOR THE SECOND TIME THAT NIGHT, Tamara heard multiple of thudding noises coming from downstairs. She looks to her left and saw that Elena was still sound asleep. Slightly frightened Tamara gets up from the bed, and she makes her way out of the room.

"Hello." Tamara hesitantly calls out. She opens the door, confused when no one responds, and notice that the house is dimly lit. Tamara makes her way to the top of the staircase, She looks down, half expecting someone to be standing there. "Jeremy? Jenna?" She calls out, but there was no response.

Before she could even blink, She watches as a shadow quickly casts itself over the hallway and as quickly as it appears, it's gone. Quickly, she makes her way down the stairs, and into the living room.

"Hello." She calls out for what it seems like the millionth time.

She goes to turn on the main light, but as I flip the switch back and forth, the light doesn't come on which makes no sense. All of a sudden, the television switches on by itself, and she hears the voice of the local news reporter.

"This is Logan Fell coming to you live from the streets of Mystic Falls with breaking news of another deadly animal attack. The wild animal terrorizing the citizens of Mystic Falls has claimed another victim, local high school student Tamara Lockwood. Police are certain that forensic evidence will confirm that this is the same animal responsible for recent attacks."

Panic and confusion immediately wash over her as she sees a photo of her face plastered on the screen, all of a sudden she hears someone speak from the other side of the room.

"You know what's coming next." She instantly turns around and sees Damon.

Fear immediately consumes her, and Tamara turns around and runs out of the room and towards the front door as if her life depends on it. As Tamara open the door, she was greeted by Damon who somehow miraculously made it there in the blink of an eye. Tamara let out a scream before she slams the door in his face and turns around, only to once again be greeted by the silhouette of Damon.

Realizing she has nowhere else to go, Tamara back up against the door, her hand went flying into her hair and her eyes shut as she screams. When all of a sudden it's quiet, Tamara looks up again and Damon is no longer there. Confused she slowly stands up and looks around the room, however, Tamara only makes it three steps before a searing pain is introduced to her body, and she feels her neck being ripped open.

Tamara's eyes open and relief washes over her body as she wakes up. Looking around Elena's room, she notices nothing is out of place. After the accident, Tamara has had nightmares every single night for the three months, when finally she started being able to fall asleep without having them. She was utterly confused about why she was having nightmares again, and all people Damon was the center of it all.