VII. Ghost World

COLD LITTLE HEART
ghost world

TAMARA TRULY COULDN'T CATCH A BREAK

TAMARA TRULY COULDN'T CATCH A BREAK. Tamara intended to enjoy her weekend by relaxing with no extra worries on her mind. Until her mother told her that today was the Night of Illumination. A special event where everyone in the town gathers together to honor the night of illuminations that was created by the founding families.

And of course, Tamara was one of the first guests to come since her mother, the mayor, was planning the entire event.

Tamara was standing besides Alaric and Jeremey as they were listening to her mother's speech about today's activities.

Tamara hasn't had the opportunity to talk to Damon today because of the event, which she found kinda strange since Damon always greets her in the morning either in person or with a phone call. But, she knows that Damon can take care of himself so he must be alright. Hopefully, he's not getting himself into any trouble.

"What are we doing here?" Jeremy asked in a tone that he rather be somewhere else.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the history department. I didn't have a choice." Alaric explains.

"All right, that explains what you're doing here," Jeremy then turned his head towards Tamara.

"You know how my mom is," Tamara sighed as she was paying attention to her mom.

"And I'm the one who can fail you if you don't help me out," Alaric sarcastically tells him.

"Hey." The three of them turn their heads away from Carol Lockwood as Elena appears next to them.

"Sorry, I'm late. What did I miss?" Elena asked.

"You didn't miss anything," Jeremy assures.

By now, Tobias Fell was giving his speech to the crowd while Tamara noticed that Elena was digging through something in her purse. Suddenly, Jeremy let out a low chuckle as if someone said something funny.

Tamara shifted her eyes at him weirdly before looking at Elena who was giving her brother the same reaction.

"What's so funny?" Elena asked.

Jeremy doesn't say anything as he moved his head towards the older Fell.

"The founders, they placed lanterns over the doors to indicate that it was safe for their neighbors to come outside again."

Tamara felt a buzz in her purse as she reaches to take it out.

It was Damon.