V. The Reckoning

COLD LITTLE HEART
the reckoning
[ELENA'S PERSPECTIVE]

LIFE BACK IN MYSTIC FALLS HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HARD FOR ELENA  for the last three months

LIFE BACK IN MYSTIC FALLS HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HARD FOR ELENA for the last three months. First, she lost her Aunt Jenna, then she lost the two most important people in her life. Ever since they left town, she has tried so hard to find them and potentially bring them back home. Also it's been so upsettingly frustrating dealing with Damon, especially in his state of mind right now with Tamara not being here.

She's been trying to work with Damon all Summer to help find Tamara and Stefan, but he hasn't been corruptive. But, then she sooner found out that he's been tracking them the entire time without her knowledge.

Elena was nervous yet happy when Damon told her that they were going to Chicago to convince them to come back with them. She didn't realize how hard it was when she actually spoke with them. Talking with Stefan was the hardest because he practically broke up with her leaving her really devastated that she wasn't able to do what she needed to do.

But she knows Stefan. Better then she know herself, and she knows for a fact that he didn't mean anything he said. He was only saying that to protect her. The only thing she needs to have is hope.

Hope that her sister and Stefan would miraculously come back to Mystic Falls. It has been very hard coping with them not being here and she needs them to come home.

Right now, she needs to survive tonight. It was past midnight and the entire school was empty.

Escaping her inner thoughts, Matt enter inside as he sets off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. He turns on the light and Caroline exclaims.

"Oh, come on! Seriously? Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?"

It was officially senior prank night, an event which they had all been looking forward to since freshman year when the upperclassman covered every single classroom in bubble wrap.

Matt looks apologetic as Tyler says, "Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"

"Clearly," Matt says.

Caroline groans, "How could you forget? We've been waiting for this since like freshman year."

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena speaks up.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," Matt comments, but he mainly look at Elena.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie explains to him.