VII. 162 Candles

COLD LITTLE HEART
162 candles

AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH VICKI, it didn't take long for the police to begin questioning

AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH VICKI, it didn't take long for the police to begin questioning. Sheriff Forbes called the house earlier in the morning to have Tamara come down the station to answer their questions, and give them the input of our stories of what happened. Tamara was riding in the passenger seat, while her mother was driving towards the police station. She needed a parent guardian to be there, so her mother had to come.

"Where did Vicki say she was going?" Is the first line of questioning that Sheriff Forbes asks me.

Shaking her head Tamara informs her, "I don't know, she didn't tell anyone."

"Not even her own brother?" She continues to question.

"I don't think so, Vicki is kind of notorious for just doing whatever she wants without telling anyone," Tamara said. It was true, Vicki likes to do things on her own terms, she didn't want the long structure from Matt about how she's living and all. She would sometimes not come home for days and then pop back up as if everything is normal, which would obviously make Matt stressfully worried about her.

Taking down notes as Tamara speaks, the Sheriff looks at her before asking, "Is there anyone I can talk to who might know what happened to her prior to her leaving town?"

"Stefan might know, Elena and I asked him to help her. He had been through a similar situation, so we thought if he could help her, he would also be helping Jermey. " Tamara said, trying to make up something that actually seems liable.

Raising an eyebrow, she asks, "So Stefan got involved because you and Elena asked him too?"

"Stefan is a really good guy. We thought it would work." Tamara said truthfully.

Seeming to believe her, the Sheriff goes to her next series of questions.

"What was her behavior like before leaving town?"

"Um, she was acting pretty sketchy. Like she was coming down from something, but for the most part, she was going up and down with her emotions." Tamara tells her, which wasn't a complete lie.

"Any signs of aggression or violence?"

"No," Tamara said as she bit back her tongue. She hated lying about the whole Vicki thing, but she knew better than to actually tell the real truth.

"So, you believe that Vicki really has left town?" Sheriff Forbes asks her final question.

"Yes," Tamara said.

"Okay, thank you, Tamara. You're free to go." She said nodding her head.

Standing up, She quickly said her goodbyes before leaving her office where Her mother, Jenna, Elena, and Jeremy were waiting.

"Hey, you okay?" Her mom asks worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm good," Tamara said nodding her head, but she was from feeling okay. She was heartbroken for Matt, Jermey, and especially heartbroken for Vicki. Even though Tamara didn't get along with her, she would never wish death upon her no matter what she did in the past. No deserves what Vicki has been through.