II. The Night of the Comet

COLD LITTLE HEART
the night of the comet

IT WAS THE NEXT MORNING, and Tamara woke up with a headache, but it wasn't from the amount of drinking

IT WAS THE NEXT MORNING, and Tamara woke up with a headache, but it wasn't from the amount of drinking. Between her argument with Tyler and what happened with Vicki, she had a bad time last night and she was hoping that the party would've been fun. However, it was the total opposite.

Tamara got up from her bed and she put on her robe and slippers as she made her way towards her connected bathroom. She put her long hair in a low bun as she began brushing her teeth and washing her face. Once she was done, she decided to just put her hair in a high ponytail with a couple of strands hanging in front of her face. She lightly put on her mascara and lip gloss as she made her way back to her room.

After getting dress in her outfit, she grabs her stuff before heading downstairs. Surprisingly, Tyler was at the table eating his food but their father was absent, which was usually normal. Her mother was sitting at the other end of the table while reading the newspaper with her reading glasses.

"Good morning sweetheart." Carol greets her daughter, noticing her presence. Tyler barely gave his sister a glance before looking back at his food.

"Morning mom," Tamara replies as she puts on her coat and grabs her lunch bag.

"Are you not staying for breakfast?" Her mom asks looking at her daughter while she was taking off her glasses.

"No, I'm going over to Elena's. I told her I'll give her a ride to school," Tamara informs as she gave her mother a kiss on the cheek before saying her goodbyes. Tamara just rolled her eyes towards Tyler, before leaving her home and heading towards the Gilbert residence.

•••

Once Tamara parks her car in the driveway, she turns off the engine and headed inside the household. The front door is always open, so there was no need to ring the doorbell. She enters inside the kitchen and saw Jenna, Elena's aunt, and guardian in the kitchen.

"Do I look like an adult? As in a respectful parent?" Was the first thing Jenna said to Tamara when she sees the young Lockwood.

"Uh, good morning to you too, Jenna," Tamara sarcastically greets her as she went towards the cabinet to get a mug. She went towards the fresh coffee pot and pour herself a cup of coffee.

"Morning Tamara, now answer my question please," she impatiently asks.

"Depends on where you're going." Tamara wonders before taking a sip.

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference," Jenna answers.

"Hair up or down?" She continues.

Elena walked into the room as Jenna puts her hair up in a neat bun. "Sexy stewardess..." Elena trails off.