XII. Unpleasantville

COLD LITTLE HEART
unpleasantville

WHEN ELENA DROPPED TAMARA OFF, she was immediately greeted by her brother

WHEN ELENA DROPPED TAMARA OFF, she was immediately greeted by her brother. She never knew that she would be so happy to see her brother than her parents late at night. Tyler was in the kitchen snacking on something and as he looks up at her, his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What the hell happened to you? You look like you got hit by a bus." He asks with his mouth full of cereal.

"You don't even know the half up it." She mumbles in annoyance, as she walks past him to grab a bottle of water before making her way towards the medicine cabinet. She grabs two pills of aspirin before popping it in her mouths and washing it down with the water.

"Whose shirt are you wearing?" He immediately asks once he fully observes her. Tamara let out a heavy sigh, she really needs to stop wearing this shirt.

"Tyler, I'm really not in the mood for 20 questions right now," Tamara said ignoring his question, before making her way upstairs towards her bedroom. Once she opens the door and turns on the lights, she was literally about to jump on her bed, but she was met with a certain blue-eyed vampire. Damon was laying on her bed with his arms behind his head, as he was smirking at her.

"No, no, no. Damon, I have seen too much of your face today. You need to leave." She said as she walks towards the edge of her bed.

"No need to act like a princess." He replies back while sitting up.

"First of all, stop calling me that. Second, leave. It's late, I have school tomorrow, and I'm extremely tired."

Damon just rolls his eyes before getting up.

"Don't pull your panties in a twist. I just came to say goodnight." He said shrugging his shoulders innocently.

"Fine. Goodnight, now go." Tamara quickly says.

"You know you're cranky when you're tired." He said smirking as he made his way towards her window, she follows behind him so that she could close and lock the window behind him. Even though that wouldn't do anything, considering he has super strength and he can open the window with no issue.

"Goodnight princess." He said softly before jumping down gracefully as he blended in with the darkness.
•••
"I can't believe you're adopted. I never saw that coming." Tamara, Elena, and Bonnie were at the Grill eating an early dinner. They were, mainly Elena, was catching Bonnie up with all the news, well not everything.

"And it gets weirder. I looked at my birth certificate. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as my birth parents. None of it makes any sense." Elena continues in a confused tone. Tamara remembers when her parents told her that she was adopted, it broke her heart that she wasn't by blood a true Lockwood, but as time went by she accepted the fact that she's adopted.