Chapter 1

Wanted: Five unique girls for a hot new girl group.

Can you sing and dance? Do you have distinctive style? Are you outgoing, ambitious and dedicated? Then the nation's much loved Singer & TV Presenter - Sherri Holt - wants you!

Send a link to a 2 minute clip of yourself to auditions@sherriholtmusic.com. Successful girls will be contacted to attend personal auditions with Sherri & her team.

Good luck!

--- JADINE ---

Jadine Reynolds banged her fists so hard on Sean’s front door some of the paintwork flaked off.  Not that it mattered – like most of the doors on this part of the estate, it was a battered mess anyway.  .

“Alesha!  Alesha!” she yelled.  “I know you’re in there.”

An old couple shuffling towards the lifts at the end of the walkway glared at Jadine and the pair of screaming babies in the double buggy beside her.  They probably thought she was a half-crazed teen-mum desperate to get her next fix – but Jadine didn’t care.  This was the most important morning of her life and she was determined to rouse her selfish sister - whatever it took.

“ALESHA!” she yelled again.  “I know what your scuzzy mates are up to in there!”

That did it.  Finally Jadine heard Sean’s voice from inside the flat.  “Alright, alright.  Keep it down.” 

She knew Sean wouldn’t want a scene.  His place already attracted all the wrong kinds of the attention from the police.

Relieved, Jadine grabbed the handles of the buggy and as soon as Sean opened up, she burst in and rammed it straight into his dingy hallway, which was no mean feat considering the size and weight of the contraption.

“What have you brought them here for?” grunted Sean, blearily nodding towards Bobby and Theo, still crying their little hearts out. 

“I thought you might like to see your kids,” said Jadine, filled with loathing.  How could Alesha be involved with this scumbag?  And how had the pair of them produced two adorable babies like Bobby and Theo?  Okay, maybe they weren’t adorable right now, but that wasn’t Jadine’s problem, it was Alesha’s - she was their mum and she needed to step up and take responsibility for them.

Abandoning the wailing tots in the hall, Jadine barged past a shell-shocked Sean and headed straight to the lounge.  She wasn’t surprised to find the usual suspects hanging out there, smoking and playing Xbox, while Alesha and another girl were flaked out on the sofa. 

Jadine headed straight over to her wayward sister.  “Alesha!  You’ve got to look after Bobby and Theo.” 

Alesha groaned and dragged her hand across her face. 

“Go away!” she moaned.

Jadine bent down and shook her.  “Alesha!  I can’t look after them.  I’ve got an audition.”

“Get mum to do it then,” muttered Alesha.

Jadine was beyond furious.  Once again, her selfish sister refused to think about anyone but herself.

“Mum’s at work – remember?” yelled Jadine.

“I’m sick,” groaned Alesha before turning away and stuffing her face into the folds of them sofa.  The girl lolling out next to her laughed before heaving herself off the sofa and staggering into the hall.

Jadine felt the anger rise from the pit of her stomach. 

“Yeah, and I’m sick too,” she spat.  “Sick of looking after your kids.  You and Sean can do it.”