6 (iv) - Rhian

--- RHIAN ---

Rhian was excited. The girls were about to see the clothes that Milano, their camp but very charming new stylist, had organised for them. Rhian hadn't met a gay guy before - at least not one who reveled in being gay as much as Milano did. (Rhian suspected that the boy who played 'Sonny' in her school production of Grease, had been gay, even though he was supposedly going out with 'Frenchie'.) Rhian had never met anyone called Milano before either - although she guessed that wasn't his real name as he spoke with a strong Newcastle accent and had ginger hair. Apparently he was 'besties' with Pixie Geldof, and Rita Ora once tweeted about his fashion blog - so Rhian reckoned he must know his stuff!

The girls were waiting in the personal shopping salon at Selfridges on Oxford Street. Rhian was too scared to sip the complimentary champagne for fear of spilling some on the uber-deluxe carpet. As usual, the other girls seemed much more at ease. In fact Olivia was clearly at home in the sophisticated surroundings of exclusive department stores.

Rhian couldn't wait to see what Milano had picked out for them. She was desperate to shake off the 'good girl' image she'd had at school and go for something a bit more risqué and edgy. Sure, she didn't mind wearing 'girly' clothes but she liked to mix them up with some sassy streetwear.

"Now ladies, attention!" said Milano, suddenly adopting a fake French accent for the word 'attention!' "Prepare to be dazzled! And feast your eyes on the crème de la crème of the London fashion scene!"

With a dramatic sweep, Milano swished back the chiffon curtains to reveal five rails of assorted garments.

Olivia immediately glided over to her rail, full of little black dresses dotted with pops of colour from the occasional coloured scarf or belt. Within seconds she was fawning over a long black velvet dress that Rhian thought wouldn't look out of place at an awards ceremony - or a funeral.

Amy and Molly headed over to their rails. Amy's selection was made up entirely of leopard print while Molly's was mostly denim. Neither of them seemed that impressed.

Rhian looked nervously at Jadine who was in no hurry to check out her rail of neon jumpsuits, but Rhian couldn't contain herself any longer. She skipped over to the rail with her name on it and was dismayed to see a mass of pink and white ultra-girly dresses. It was like she was at a bridal fayre, not a styling session for a funky new girlband. As she poked around at some of stuff, she had to admit, some of it looked fun - but where was the stuff that would 'sass it up'.

"So my petite Cherie," said Milano, adopting his fake French accent again for every other word. "Why so bleu?"

Rhian didn't know what to say.

"Don't you like what I've picked for you?"

"Some of it's nice, but I could funk it up a bit?"

Milano looked like Rhian had just spat on the carpet. Then he suddenly gave a big wide smile and proceeded to completely ignore her. It was as though she hadn't even spoken.

"I'm thinking bows. I'm thinking hearts. I'm thinking lace. Lots of lace. With your snazzy blonde hair and baby blues we can definitely go lace."

"She'll look like a prize poodle," said Jadine, who was still slumped in her chair.

"If Madame could concentrate on her own rail, pleeeeze," oozed Milano as he sucked on his teeth.

"If you think I'm wearing a neon jumpsuit, you can think again."

"Sherri said you might be the difficult one," sneered Milano.

"Oh did she?" said Jadine rising from her seat.

"Jadine, try and have some manners," said Olivia. "Milano's just doing his job."

"And I'm just doing what I should have done as soon as I walked in here -leaving."

And with that Jadine turned on her heel and left.

Molly and Amy shared a glance.

"Leave her," said Amy. "She'll calm down."

"And if she doesn't she could always go on stage naked," laughed Olivia. It was the first time Rhian had heard her make a joke - although no one except Milano laughed.

"Come on. Chop, chop!" snipped Milano, as he ushered Rhian into a cubicle, you need to try on your wonderful new wardrobe. And with that, Milano threw Rhian into a cubicle, along with three white prom dresses and a pink tutu.