11 (iv) - Molly

--- MOLLY ---

Molly and the girls were gathered in the makeshift studio above the garage. Lena had just arrived and they were waiting for Amy.

"Shall I go and get her?" volunteered Molly.

Rhian was in no fit state to go - she looked drawn and upset; whether it was from a hangover or the roasting she'd gotten from her mum when she'd turned up with Jadine this morning, Molly wasn't sure. Everyone had heard their huge row in the conservatory. Eventually Amy's dad had intervened and suggested they both take some time to calm down. So Diane had headed into Woking, whilst Rhian had showered and then joined the girls for the band meeting, but she'd barely said two words about her mum or what she'd been up to last night; and all Jadine would pass on was that Rhian would tell them if and when she was ready.

Molly was also picking up some strange vibes from Kat. She usually greeted Lena warmly, but this morning she'd barely looked up from her from her phone when Lena arrived.

Just as Molly was about to go and see what was keeping Amy, she burst into the room and bowled straight over to her.

"So you're seeing Derren McKenzie, are you?" fumed Amy. "And I thought you said you weren't interested in him anymore?"

"Hey, hey, hey," said Jadine crossing over to them. "What are you on about?"

"Little Miss Innocent here had a major crush on our director and threw at herself at him when we were working together. When he knocked her back she assured me she was over him, but apparently last night they hooked up!" Amy rounded on Molly again and thrust her mobile into her chest. "Here you go! Loverboy wants to hook up again sometime!"

Molly clicked on her phone and stared at the text from Derren.

"Amy?" said Lena. "If Molly is seeing Derren, why are you so bothered?"

Amy looked caught out and didn't know what to say.

"It's fine," said Jadine, letting her off the hook. "We all know you've been seeing him."

"But I haven't," said Molly evenly. She wanted to stay calm, even though on the inside, she felt anything but! "Derren came to the dance studios last night and we bumped into each other. It was totally random. We spoke for about five minutes, he told me he's got a job directing a video for The Fierce Charlottes and then I came home."

"The Fierce Charlottes?" said Jadine. "How did he get that gig?"

"Apparently someone at their record company saw our videos and..."

"So he got it on the back of us?" fumed Jadine. "Great! Another one!"

Molly had no idea what Jadine meant and didn't have chance to ask her.

"Then why is Derren asking you out for a drink?" raged Amy. "You must have thrown yourself at him again or something."

Molly realised the time had come to tell the truth - the whole truth. She took a deep breath.

"Amy, I lied when I told you that I tried to kiss Derren at the showcase. He tried to kiss me and I knocked him back."

Amy remained frozen, so Molly hurriedly carried on.

"I didn't want to tell you the truth because I knew you'd been involved with him and I didn't want to hurt your feelings. I didn't want you to think that he could move on from you so quickly. But I don't expect you to believe me - it's just my word against his."

Molly couldn't believe she'd lost her sister and now she was about to lose her new band mates too.

"I understand if you want me to leave the band," said Molly.