2 (iv) - Rhian

--- RHIAN ---

“So tell me again,” said Rhian’s mum, Diane, as they settled into their seats on the train back to Cardiff.  “What did Sherri Holt say?”

Rhian sighed.  “Mam, I’ve told you like 50 million times.”

“Tell me again,” said Diane.  “Did she say they’d call you or that they’d definitely call you?”

“That they’d call me,” huffed Rhian.  But Rhian was quietly confident – she’d got a round of applause, reduced Sherri Holt to tears and she was certain Derren McKenzie would want to see her again.  She wouldn’t mind seeing him again, that’s for sure.

“Now, give me my phone,” sulked Rhian.  “You said I could have it when we were on the train.”

Diane pursed her lips and rummaged through her handbag.  She’d confiscated it that morning, for being too distracting, but Rhian was desperate to see if she’d got any messages from Kyle. 

Rhian quickly scrolled through.  Six messages.  The first was from her dad wishing her luck.  The next four were from her friends at school, plus one from her brother’s friend, Matt.  She ignored those and scrolled to the last one.  Yes!  It was from Kyle.  She quickly opened it.

Wot u wearing sexy?

Not exactly what she’d hoped for, but at least he was thinking of her.  She looked up at her mother, who was now engrossed in a newspaper.

Rhian hesitated but couldn’t resist typing back…

White lacy bra n nix ;-)

Message sent.  Rhian hoped Kyle wouldn’t open it in front of his mates.  She blushed at the thought of Jonno, Lee and Olly seeing the message.  But a couple of days ago, Kyle had assured her anything she sent him would be for ‘his eyes only’ and she was certain he meant it.

Rhian scrolled back through the other messages.  As she’d suspected her friends had sent good luck messages, then intrigued she’d opened the one from Matt…

Hey Rhi. Good luck today.  Sure you’ll knock ‘em dead!!  Matt x

Aww, how sweet.  It was no secret that her older brother Gareth’s best mate, Matt, had a crush on her.  Rhian thought Matt was sweet, but definitely not her type.  It wasn’t that he was ugly – in fact a couple of her friends had the hots for him (when he wasn’t moping after Rhian)He was steady, reliable and cute.  In a word, he was nice.  And that was the problem.  He didn’t make her heart race the way Kyle did. 

As if on cue, her phone beeped.  Kyle, with just two words…

Show me

Rhian blushed and felt a shiver of excitement course through her body.  She knew Kyle wanted a photo of her in her underwear.  Until recently she’d resisted, but last weekend Kyle had said if she really cared about him, then she would.  And that’s when he’d assured her he wouldn’t show her messages to anyone else.  Ever.

Diane still had her nose buried in her paper, so Rhian excused herself and went to the loo.  Once there, Rhian had to steady herself as the train buffeted her about, speeding its way back to Wales.

Rhian looked at her reflection in the poky mirror and waivered.  She thought about just sending a flirty text telling Kyle to stop being a naughty boy, but she’d been doing that for the last few weeks.  She knew she needed to take their relationship to the next level if he was going to stay interested in her.  Kyle was a year older and had dated lots of girls – he wouldn’t be interested in a shy prude, he wanted a confident and experienced girl. 

Quickly Rhian slipped out of her dress, setting off the hand dryer as she banged against it when the train veered sharply around a bend.  She positioned her camera phone so she could take a photo of her bra and knickers.  Her head was out of the shot, but she didn’t think Kyle would mind and away she clicked.

The first shot had the toilet in the background, which Rhian didn’t think looked very classy, so she shuffled around.  It took a few attempts to get a shot that wasn’t too blurry, but eventually she managed.  Before she could change her mind, she attached the photo and hit send.

She picked up her white dress off the floor.  She’d draped it over the sink, but it had dropped down after another swerving bend and was now crumpled and a bit grubby.

Before she even got back to her seat, her phone beeped again.  Another message from Kyle.  Excited, she opened it, then took a sharp intake of breath…

 And now with nothing on at all???