9 (iii) - Molly

--- MOLLY ---

It was the second day of their 'no budget' video shoot for Melody Vibe and so far it was going well. Derren wanted the video to capture the free-spirited and upbeat vibe of the track, so he was filming the girls in iconic locations around London in the June sunshine. Yesterday office workers munching their lunch in Hyde Park had been treated to the girls singing their hearts out by Speakers Corner and Rhian falling into the Serpentine. They'd also covered off the South Bank, Leicester Square and had been unceremoniously moved on from outside the gates of Buckingham Palace.

Today they were at Camden Market, although Derren was having trouble getting the girls to concentrate on filming rather than shopping - or in Amy's case, flirting! She'd struck up a cheeky exchange with one of the stall holders which Molly figured was purely to make Derren jealous, but he hadn't shown a flicker of interest, as he was engrossed in setting up Kat's solo shot.

"Just think," daydreamed Rhian. "One day we'll have trailers and make-up artists and someone to make us cups of tea."

"But for now you're stuck with just me," said Derren. "Get the lighting reflector and put it in front of Kat. Cheers, Rhian."

Rhian rolled her eyes and unfolded the reflector.

"We'll be laughing about this one day," said Molly to Jadine.

"I don't mind it," said Jadine. "At least we don't have anyone telling us what we should wear and what we should do."

"No, Rhian!" ordered Derren. "Angle it under Kat's chin."

Molly and Jadine shared a look and giggled. The girls and Lena were all pitching in as Derren's crew and dogsbodies. He'd even filmed them carrying equipment, fetching drinks and checking each other's make up, saying it would make great 'behind the scenes' footage for an extra little vid.

"Right Kat, we're good to go!" shouted Derren. "Molly, press play!"

Molly duly hit play on the iPod they'd connected to a little speaker and Kat shyly mimed her sections of the track.

"She should give it more oomph!" whispered Amy, who'd come over to join them.

"I think she's great as she is," said Molly.

"Sometimes less is more,Amy" sing-songed Jadine.

"Oh really," smiled Amy, not missing Jadine's gentle dig at her, before returning to her flirtation with the stall-holder.

As Kat sang her sections of the track, Molly couldn't help her eyes being drawn to Derren behind the camera. He was confident and assured, yet still open to suggestions from the girls. It seemed as though he didn't have such a high opinion of himself since the showcase, and as far as Molly was concerned it was an attractive change.

She'd thought it would be awkward working with Derren after what happened, but from the moment he'd come back on the scene, he'd been nothing but friendly and polite to all the girls - although he retained his trademark 'brusqueness' when pushing the girls to do their best.

Molly had even managed to chat with him about the 'showcase incident'. Last week, Derren and the girls had got together to work on ideas and choreography for the videos. Amy had blagged a rehearsal room at Infinity Dance Studios - Molly guessed she didn't want Derren at the house. Molly had returned to the rehearsal room to collect her water bottle and Derren had still been there looking through his storyboards. They'd both been a little stunned to find themselves alone together.

"Hey, wait a sec," said Derren, as Molly turned to leave. She didn't want Amy to find them and think anything was going on.

"How've you been?" he asked.