12 (ii) - Molly

--- MOLLY ---

“Look at this Moll,” gushed Rhian.  “Amy’s in the news!”

Molly reluctantly opened her eyes to peer out from under her duvet.  As she hazily focused on the iPad Rhian had jammed under her nose, sure enough, there was a photo of Jake Miskew and Amy leaving Café de Paris.

“That makes it look like they’re an item,” said Molly, heaving herself up onto her side.  “But the rest of us were with them.”

“I know,” said Rhian, before going on to read the headline under the photo.  “Hunky Fierce Charlottes’ bad boy, Jake Miskew, leaves London hotspot with mystery redhead.”

Molly sat upright and scrolled down to keep reading.  “Jake Miskew strikes again adding another sexy beauty to his ever-growing list of female conquests.”

“This one’s even better,” said Rhian, opening up Gossip-Whirl.com, one of the biggest celebrity gossip sites.  “It says Amy’s name and name-checks the band!”

‘Rock n roll lothario Jake Miskew dating hot girlband singer’screamed the headline.

“Sexy redhead, Amy Anderson, is a member of hot new girlband Melody 5!!” squealed Rhian as she read the rest of the piece.  “Rumoured to have been dating the sexy stunner for over a month, how long will it be before love-rat Jake moves onto another tasty member of this feisty fivepiece?”

“She only met him last night!” exclaimed Molly.

“I know,” said Jadine, coming into their bedroom and plonking herself on the end of Molly’s bed.  “And where do these hacks get off labeling Amy and us as pieces of meat – sexy stunner?  Tasty member of this feisty fivepiece!?”

“You’re missing the point,” gasped Rhian.  “Listen to this bit – ‘Haven’t heard of Melody 5?  This gorgeous girlband has over 50,000 views on their YouTube page – head over there now to see their sexy vids: www.youtube.com/melody5.’”

“Our videos aren’t sexy,” said Molly.

“Well, Amy’s bits are,” said Rhian.

“Our videos showcase our music, not our looks,” added Jadine.

“But I see Rhian’s point,” said Molly.  “This is great publicity!”

“Seriously?” said Jadine.

As if to prove her point, Molly opened up their YouTube page – there had been an extra 10,000 views since last night.

“Where’s Amy now?” asked Molly.

“Still sleeping,” said Rhian.  “Should I wake her?”

“No,” said Molly.  “We all had a late one last night.”

“Are you coming down for breakfast?” asked Rhian.

“I’m going to shower first,” said Molly.  “But don’t show Mr & Mrs Anderson those articles until Amy’s seen them.  Okay?”

“Okay,” said Rhian.

Molly made her way to the bathroom and turned on the shower.  She sighed gratefully as she stepped under the hot jets.

Last night had been crazy!

It had been their first taste of a celebrity bash.  Molly had ‘worked the room’ with Kat and they’d been surprised how many execs and celebs had known who the band were – they were obviously keeping a close eye on what was happening online.