6 (iii) - Jadine

--- JADINE ---

"You know what we all need," Rhian had said as they'd left Sherri's house. "A bloody good night out!"

Jadine totally agreed. Otherwise she just knew she'd spend the evening seething about how things were working out with the group. She didn't have a problem with the girls - for the most part, they were great. Although Jadine had had some heated 'discussions' with Amy about how 'sexy' their lyrics and moves should be. (Amy clearly didn't agree with the notion that 'less is more!') But at least Amy was passionate and believed in what she was saying, whereas Jadine often wondered if Olivia even wanted to be in the band at all - she seemed to blithely coast along as if the whole thing was a bit of an inconvenience to her social life.

No, what Jadine had major problems with were Tony Ward's outdated songwriting and Sherri Holt's increasingly limited vision for the group - something Jadine hadn't expected at all.

So when Rhian had suggested they all go out for the night, Jadine knew just the place to go.

The Granite Rooms were holding a rap battle and Lyric was on the bill. He'd asked her to come along and support him. She hadn't wanted to at first, but she now had a sudden pang to reconnect with her roots and reassure herself that she'd made the right decision leaving Lyric's crew.

So here they were - huddled together in the murky depths of The Granite Rooms.

"This is amaaaazing!" screeched Rhian. She was super-excited about her first big night out in London. Jadine reckoned she could have taken her to McDonalds in Leicester Square and she'd have been over the moon.

"I need a drink," said Amy.

"Me too," said Molly.

The girls pushed their through the packed out club until they reached the bar.

"It's going to take ages to get served," noticed Molly.

"Not when you're with me," said Jadine.

She whistled and caught the eye of one of the guys behind the bar. A good-looking guy, who looked more like a dancer from Diversity than a bartender.

"Hey Jay! Haven't seen you in a while!" he shouted. "How's tricks?"

"Yeah, good thanks," smiled Jadine.

"Lyric's telling everyone you blew him out for a cheesy girlband."

"Hey! Less of the 'cheesy' thanks," said Amy, with a flick of her hair.

The bartender's eyes were suddenly on stalks. "If this is one of your band-members, than I take that back," he said with a glint in his eye. "And offer my most humble apology."

"We'll take your apology and four vodka & cokes," smiled Jadine. "Although go easy on the vodka for this one." Jadine gestured towards Rhian, eagerly taking in all the sights and sounds of the club. It was pretty obvious she was underage but Jadine knew everyone at the club so well, she knew they could get away with it, providing Rhian behaved herself.

"Coming right up," smiled the bartender.

"They're on me," boomed a voice from behind the girls. Jadine turned, and saw Psylence and his crew standing right behind her.

"Oh, that's so nice of you," smiled Rhian and in return got a leery grin from Psylence.

"No thanks," said Jadine curtly. "We can get our own."

"Ladies as lovely as you can't be paying for your own drinks," boasted Psylence and he gestured towards the bartender. "Put these on my tab, man."

"Sure thing, Psylence."