<Asphiyxia>

Ōkami's POV
A week had passed since she fell into coma. Everyday after school I visited Akazuki, sitting beside her. Hoping and praying that she would wake. Though fate did not allow that, throughout the week she still laid there peacefully. Every time I left the hospital, I would make my way to the forest. Sitting under that tree, remembering the times we had. It may never happen again. Tears kept rolling down from my eyes. I always wondered when they would stop. And whenever I sat under that tree, a beautiful black and red butterfly would come to comfort me. Flying around landing on my hand at times. It brought Akazuki to me. So surely it would bring her back again...

(Time skip to weekend)

"Hey hey, sonny wake up. What's wrong?" I could hear someone talking. Calling out to me. However all I saw around me was endless darkness. It felt cold and wet. I was stuck, I could not get out. But I was flaring so calmly, drifting in this black ocean of my own sorrows. I opened my mouth, bubbles of air escaped. Floating out upwards away and away from me. I wanted to die, but how could I?

The calm atmosphere was broken all of a sudden. The waves turned choppy, moving me roughly. Instead of deep in the sea, I was brought near the surface. Water punched me from all directions. Entering my mouth, into my lungs. My chest tightened, my ability to breathe interrupted. I gasped for air to no avail. The cold water splashing on me over and over again trying to pull my down. Down under into the currents. "Dare ka? Tasukete!"(someone? Help me!") I shouted, my voice hoarse. I coughed, choking on the water. Dots started appearing, my vision fading in and out. Asphyxia...

"Ah!" My eyes jerked open. I felt cold. Looking at the strand of hair in front, I could see a delicate droplet dripping off its tip. I touched my clothes and the bedding, they were all wet. Was I really drowning in an ocean?

"God finally you are awake Ōkami." A deep yet gentle voice sounded from my side. My head turned reacting to it immediately. It was grandpa, an empty bucket in his hands. He took the chair from my study desk and sat down beside my bed. He put his hand on my shoulder, warmth was felt there instantly. It felt very comfortable. "You ok? You didn't seem to have a good dream. You were calling out to someone in your sleep." He asked me. The smile never leaving his wrinkly face.

I sighed looking at my grandfather. Tears pouring out all of a sudden. "I don't know what I'm going to do now. She's in a coma, how can I love knowing that I may never see her again..." I gasped, choking on my own tears. Coughing and sniffling as I continued to ramble. Letting my troubles and emotions pour out onto my grandfather. He pat me on my back, trying to comfort me. Listening to my problems. I took in deeper breaths, gasping for more air as I felt dizzy. Eventually calming to a stop, though still gasping.

My chest felt tight, I could hear an unstable heartbeat. I was breathless, I needed more oxygen. I gasped even more, choking from how dry my throat was. My vision was dotty, grandpa seemed to be fading. "Tasukete..."(help me) I wheezed before my vision went black. Just like in my nightmare....

Keiji's POV
"Keiji! Keiji! Your son. Hurry we need to bring him to the hospital." I heard Tachi-otou shout as he ran down the stairs to the kitchen where I sat. Drinking my coffee and reading the newspaper peacefully. What happened to Ōkami? I strolled out to greet him. Instead, Tachi-otou grabs my arm and pulls me with all his might. "Come on! Hurry hurry!" He shouted once more. Dragging me in a rush all the way up to Ōkami's bedroom.

Through the open door I could see my son sleeping peacefully? However as I got closer I could hear his unsteady breathing and an irregular heartbeat. I reached out to touch his hand, it was so cold. He was sweating profusely yet he was cold. What was wrong with him?

My heart was pulled in all directions, to different. Fear and worry were the biggest feelings. I could not let him die. I promised Azura that I would protect our child. My mind was blank, all I could think of was to bring him to the hospital. Tucking my arms under him I lifted him up and ran. Running as fast as I could, I headed to the nearest hospital which served half breeds like us.