<Isolated>

Ōkami's POV
I sat in the hospital bed, pristine sheets covering my legs, my hands lay by my side. The windows were open, the chirping of birds could be heard. It felt peaceful. Unlike all of my reality. The wind blew my hair gently. Closing my eyes I embraced the breeze. Outside the window I could see the birds flying free, landing on the tree nearby. Chirping as they hopped closer to each other, interacting blissfully.the two birds snuggled against each other, it was adorable. It reminded me of Akazuki. I could feel a pang in my heart, I missed her so much. I was going to cry but crying would not solve anything. I held my tears back and took in a big huff. Gathering my strength, thinking to myself. Yes, I needed to be strong. Recover from my state now and then I can see her again.

"Bam!" the door slammed open. Loud panting followed, I could also hear droplets of sweat dropping. I turned my head to the other side to see who it was. Flaming orange hair and coal black eyes, none other than my best friend. "Ōkami! You are alright." He rasped out, still panting slightly. I did not know what to reply, I just smiled. Looking at him intently, waiting for his next move. What he did was unexpected. One moment he was at the door, the next I could feel his muscular arms crushing me.

My shoulder begin to feel slightly damp, some sniffles sounding in my ear. "Ōkami I thought I had lost you. Please don't die, you are one of the most important people in my life! I don't want to loose my best friend." Karasuno cried out in one breath. His words and actions shocked me very much, I sat there stunned. However what he did made me want to cry too. His words had touched the bottom of my heart. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around his waist too, "Don't worry, I'll fight through this Karasuno. For you, for Akazuki, for whatever that is left of my broken family." I said with determination in my voice. Then we let go of our embrace.

"That was so gay." Karasuno said jokingly, laughing as he tried to wipe the remaining tears out of his eyes. I laughed too, what we had just done was really out of our normal friendship boundaries. He sat down and begin asking about the condition I had. That was when I explained it out for him. We had a very very long talk.

Note: Speeding the time a bit, I feel it's getting slightly draggy. Maybe you guys are feeling it too.

The days went by quickly. Soon enough I had sufficient energy to get out of bed and walk around the hospital. I was discharged soon after, but for only a temporary amount of time. Grandpa had wanted this as he said staying in the hospital all the way until my surgery would affect my schoolwork and studies. So just like that, I went back to school.

Location: School
Opening the classroom door, the noisy chatter fell silent. Everyone had stopped what they were doing, all their eyes falling on me. I could feel my body start to tense up at all the attention. Whispers started to float, my ears could pick them up only slightly. 'He was the..rejected....that is why she...jumped....in hospital..now...animal....' I knew what they were talking about, it made me gulp hard. Perspiration dripped down my forehead, I lowered my head and walked off to my seat. Sitting down and covering my face, pretending to sleep. The whispers still continued, they disturbed me greatly. I just wanted to stand and shout out loud that is was not my fault. However I had no guts to, sitting there quietly. Isolated by the class as I had taken away their "princess". Did they think it was my fault?! Huh! I am as sad as they are! Or even sadder. I am literally torn in the heart! If they think they had it bad it was a million times worse for me, because she was my light. My life, my world. My everything.

The teacher walked in soon enough, the whispers coming to a halt. Lessons started and nothing was heard till lunch.

The bell rang, everyone rushed out to get lunch or meet with their friends. I for one did not have anyone. Karasuno was with Hana today, that left me alone. As I trudged along the corridor towards the canteen, I could feel stares directed at me. Whispers passed my ears occasionally, all were talking about me. I ignored them, nothing good would come from retaliation anyway. I got my food eventually and instead of going back to the classroom, I went to find the secluded school spot, the roof. I sat down under in the shade, tearing the wrapper of the bread snarfing it down. After I finished, I sat there, drowning in my own thoughts.

Why would fate want to bring her so near death? Did the gods really not want us to be together? Or was another praying for chaos in the relationship between us? So many possibilities swarmed my mind but I could not find a logical answer at all. Maybe we were just not meant to be? Because every time something good happened, a bad thing would happen. It was like a pattern of sudden highs and extreme lows. And I had noticed a little something. Recently, just before all these bad things happened, I would see that pretty little butterfly. The one that brought her to me. Was it not supposed to be a good omen?

My flow of thoughts were stopped by the ring of the first bell. Shoot, I needed to get back to class quick.

The lessons proceeded, however all I could think of was why such an unfortunate string of events would take place. First it was the alleged crime, then it was Akazuki nearly finding out about my true self. After the confession, which was a good thing. Everything went downwards from there. Black butterfly, black butterfly. What do black butterflies symbolise? Was it not a sign of love? It brought us together in the first place after all. I should research on it, after school.

(After school)

The last bell rang, yes school was over. I had already packed my bag before lesson ended, grabbing it and zooming off when the bell rang. Towards the library I was headed, hoping that I would be able to find what I needed.

I dumped my bag onto a chair, running towards the section of myths. I found a book which seemed like it had the answer and brought it back to the table I placed my bag at. Skimming through the pages, there was so many superstitions related to us half breeds and animals. Finally I spotted a picture of a black butterfly. Halting at the page I looked at it closely.

This was what the book had said, Encounters with black butterflies are rare and if one crosses your path, it likely means death or unfortunate events are in your near future.

Reading the words, my heart sank. Death would come to one of us if I continued staying close to Akazuki. Because every time something good happened between us, the black butterfly appears and horrible events follow. This just means I cannot be near her anymore...I will not be able to touch her, comfort her. I will not be able to love her... Tears leaked from my eyes at that thought. No no no, I cannot. I rubbed my eyes quickly, trying to remove the droplets but it did not help. Instead of drying up, more tears continued to flow out. No no no, I did not know what to do at all. I just left the book there, grabbed my bag and ran.

I ran aimlessly for a while, finding myself at the side of the school beside our year one classrooms. I hit my head against the wall, "NO! WHY?!" I hollered. My head drooping down as I leaned it against the wall. Why was fate so cruel? Why could I not be with her?' Why why why! With every "why" I screamed out or thought of I hit the wall with my fist once. I let the tears of sorrow and frustration stream down. Why...? A few sniffles later I had no more tears, but I still felt so torn on the inside. My knuckles hurt too, the skin was peeling slightly its colour a blistering red. Just like her eyes. I sighed looking at them. As I walked away I thought, what did I ever do to deserve this fate?

Bad events after another. What's going to happen? Well yea, I know the story is getting slightly draggy, but pls read on. Thank you! Oh and just for note, TribyTypes isn't editor anymore as school has started for us and he's busy. So after so long I am now writer and editor, this also means now I govern when I publish ahaha.(irregular updates in general) Anyways pls help comment if u spot any grammar errors. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thank you!!