Part XI: Disappointment

Minju's POV

After the incident yesterday, we all live today as if nothing happened. They're back to their business so am I. It's just that the bruises in my face are still visible.

"Just to remind you that this research takes up 60℅ of your grade since it is a performance task. If you can finish it clearly and neatly then you deserve the grade but if you'll present it the other way around, I'm sorry to say, you'll receive a failing grade. Understand?" Mr. Gong, our science professor said. We're in our laboratory room, ready to exhibit our research.

I held the bottle tightly. Oh god forgive me, I have to do this for the sake of OUR grades.

Frogs have special space in my heart. They're my friends since I was a baby.

"Sorry friend, I can't bear to lose you but I also can't handle a falling grade" I whispered looking at the bottle. I caught him last night. Jeez, its eyes are saying 'please don't do this'

"Crazy. Just finish your job tch. I want a grade so,you'll do it for me" the monster beside me suddenly said. I held the bottle more tightly upon hearing her words.

"Just don't mind that heartless person who just talked, friend. How can I even cut your body? I don't even think I can do this" I whispered in the bottle again. It sounds insane but it's my hobby to talk with frogs.

"If we didn't arrived yesterday, there would be a dead freaking big frog on that locker room together with a dead squishy meat. How does that sound?" she said while putting her legs in the table.

Should I even say 'thank you?' Psh, I don't owe them.

"Jade and France, kindly do the honor to start this" the prof. said. The two of them stood up and went to the table together with their equipments.

"Good morning everyone! To start with this dissecting session, we should put our goggles, gloves and laboratory gown first" France demonstrated the first part. We all stood and followed the step.

My hands are shaking.

"Next is, put the frog in the dissecting pan ventral side up then pin each of the four limbs into the dissecting tray" they got their frogs and layed it in their trays. Why do it have to be frogs? and why does it have to be alive?!

I can't even open the bottle correctly. My heart is aching for this little fella right now.

"Dang! Just open it!" I glared at her. She's just looking at what I'm doing as if she's watching a movie.

"You're not even helping! Just close your mouth. I know what to do" I glared at her again. This bottle is hard to open, aish maybe I closed it too tight.

"You've got the urge to answer me now huh? You weakling!" she acted as if she's about to hit me so I blocked her hand using my arms. It's better to be ready.

"Give it to me stupid!" she held the bottle and tried to grab it away from me.

I pulled it back "No, you're gonna hurt my friend, monster!"

"Friend my ass. You're insane" she said again while grabbing the bottle.

"Ehem, what are you doing huh?" The professor said . I paused and looked at the front, all of my classmates are looking at us.