Part L: Her feelings

Minju's POV

S- she likes me?

How? Why? I m- mean, it's not that - - - - I- - I didn't expect this. I don't know why but my heart is pounding awkwardly right now.

After Chaewon drove me home, all I think is about earlier. I didn't even said my 'thanks' that sincere since my mind is already preoccupied.

'I am here because I want you to be safe! I want to see you smile even though I'm not the person behind it! I want to protect you because I like you! You fxckin frog!'

(⊙_☉)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh what should I do? What should I do?! Ahh I think I'm going crazy any moment now.

*knock

"Min? Are you okay? I heard you screaming? What was that?" Mom peeked at the door of my room.

"It's n- nothing Mom" I said as an excuse. Mom needs to rest, I shouldn't bother her.

"I know you Min. I'm your Mother and I know everything about you even the way you sno - - -

"Ah Mooomm~ ........ uh yeah I do have something to ask you" she walked inside my room and seated at the edge of my bed. "Sure, I'm going to listen" she exclaimed, looking at me with her curious look.

Uhm, how should I start this?

"Uhm..... Mom.... w-what should you do if someone c-confessed to you?" I looked down after I asked those question. Jeez, why am I feeling nervous?

"Hahahaha you're now a lad- -

"Moomm!"

"Okay, okay, I'm just making you laugh. Hmm, if someone confess? As far as I remember, when your father confessed his love to me, I only said 'thank you' at that time" she's looking above as if reminiscing the memories of my 'father'. She looks happy while telling the old story about them. *sigh* If only that man didn't did the things that he did then, we might've been stayed with him.

"Thank you? What can a 'thank you' do? I think that sounds insulting Mom" I exclaimed, trying to divert the situation. She shrugged while displaying her I- don't- know - but - that's - what - I - did - look.

"What's wrong about it? You children of this modern society won't know how much it really feels to have someone who admires you. Now, when someone says 'I love you' an immediate ' I love you too' will be the reply" she paused for a while. I don't want to interfere, I'm just going to listen.

"Back then, I said 'thank you' because of the reason that I should be thankful for someone had admired me even though the world of ours were different. You know, you should say 'thank you' to that someone for that human appreciates and love you for who and what you are" she smiled while saying those words. That's why I really love my Mom. She knows how to settle things right and I love her for that.

'T- thank you?' Should I say thank you?

"Uhm last question Mom, what do you think are uhm.... the symptoms if someone is in love or something?" this is a bit awkward to ask but I have to know it.

"Symptoms? Ah! Of course, their heart flutters if they see that 'special someone'. They're always thinking about 'them' and also they feel nervous when they're talking with whoever someone is it"