Part XVIII: We're doomed

Minju's POV

"A nucleic acid that carries the genetic information in cells and some viruses, consisting of two long chains of nucleotides twisted into a double helix and joined by hydrogen bonds between the complementary bases adenine and thymine or cytosine and guanine" I said with a moderate voice, just enough to let her hear.

I paused for a while, I'm just wasting my energy by discussing this thing. She's not even listening!

"Ahn Yujin" I said, playing with my ballpen.

"What?!" she asked irritatedly. She's still eating her food while looking around.

"Aisht, why won't you listen? I'm just wasting my time in here!" I turned the page of my book, murmuring those words.

"What did you say?!" she glared at me while still munching her food.

Ahh I should give this up! The wind's blowing some fresh air and it's making me sleepy. *yaawnnn

I noticed that the guards are still in there, standing as if they're waiting for their President. They won't leave us alone, not until we're done.

"Jeez, just continue with what you're effin' saying tch" she stretched her feet and arms as a sign of boredom.

"DNA sequences are replicated by the cell prior to cell division and may include genes, intergenic spacers, and regions that bind to regulatory proteins" I continued pointing word for word in the book even though she's not paying attention.

I leaned my back on the tree. It's tiring to teach someone who's not interested to learn. *sigh* It's now a part of my obligation.

"2:30. I thought one minute would be that long" she stood up and tapped her skirt to remove the leaves.

2:30? But it's like 30 minutes since I started, not to mention the time I waste to bought the snacks! It's too early to stop.

"I- is it done?" I asked her stutterly. She's glaring at me and I felt like I'm being torn into pieces. *gulp*

She turned her back and ran to the other side. She's unbelievable!

"Minju! K- kim Minju! Yuri's in the library! She's surrounded by EAST!" My classmate said. She looks too exaggerated.

EAST? Are they the one who slapped us in the locker?

"W-what? D-did they do something to Yuri?" Keeping my books, I asked her while panicking. Yuri... she might be in danger.

"They're making her carry encyclopedias that they themselves are dropping" she answered.

Oh god, they're playing with Yuri again.

I immediately ran towards the library. I looked around to find where they are.

I saw the back of a girl whom I know is Yuri's. She's carrying many books that are way higher than her height.

The four students just keep on putting books on Yuri's full arms.

I walked towards them and pulled Yuri's arm, making the books that she's carrying fell.