Part XXXV: Soft Side

Chaewon's POV

"Where's Yujin and Minju? " I immediately asked Yuri and Wonyoung who are sitting in the swing.

They pointed someone, walking in a not so far away distance. It's Yujin.

Where's Minju?!

There is someone walking behind Yujin and I presumed it to be Minju. Yes, it really is Minju. Good thing she's able to go with us. The gathering will be a lot better.

"Where have you been?" Yujin walked directly to the car, opening the door in the passenger's seat.

"London" she went in and slammed the door. Dang, she had the gut to answer sarcastically when in fact she's the one who walked out without permission.

"It's nice to know that you made it up to here. I didn't know that you're going with us. D-did Yujin f-fetch you? " It was a straightforward question yet I have to make sure that Yujin didn't do such a thing. I don't know but I feel like I'm getting more attached to Minju as days passes by.

"F-fetch? I accidentally met her at the shop nearby so I decided to walk with her up to here" she said, shifting her gaze everywhere.

"Did you call that as ' walking together?' she's ahead for about two meters though" Wonyoung said out of nowhere. She then walked towards the car and entered at the back seat.

*sigh* It's okay as soon as she's here, it'll be happier.

———————————————

Wonyoung's POV

I went inside Chaewon's car, dragging Yuri with me. We've been talking about ducks since earlier. She even told me the story behind it!

She said that there was once a duck,  it didn't came from an egg nor the usual method. It was a talkative duck, a noisy and a childish duck. If it's hungry, it'll annoy it's neighbors to give something off in order for it to stop. It cries when it's sad and annoys when it's happy. The most interesting part is,  that duck wasn't yellow in color instead, it's as white as a chick. The animal neighbors decided to shut the mouth of the talkative duck so they prayed that when it gives birth to its offspring, it should be locked in a shell to keep it silent for days. It should learn how to talk when it becomes older .

Quite awesome right? She also told me that she knew someone who looks like a duck and is also talkative. Woah, I want to meet that one.

"Yushin, that seat isn't reserved for you" Chaewon looked to her side, staring at Yujin who's not giving a dxmn.

The two of them are really weird. Hmm something's fishy in here ಥ⌣ಥ

"This seat has been mine since the day you bought this effin car of yours. Now tell me why the heck it isn't reserve for me?" Yujin met Chaewon's eyes. It's her usual blank expression again. Yeah, she's right. When we're going somewhere, that seat is Yujin's favorite spot so she marked it as her territory.

"M-minju- - - it's for Minju" Chaewon replied. Woah, is she really going to give Yujin's seat to Minju?

"N-no it's okay. I'm fine at the back besides, Yuri is there" Minju opened the door and sit beside Yuri. I smirked while looking at the two, seems like there's a strong current flowing between their glares huh?

——————————————————

Minju's POV

"Yeess~ we're here!" Wonyoung stretched her arms which seemed to be folded the entire 20 minutes travel.

We entered in a big gate with security guards, guarding it. Then, we entered in a long pathway towards a mansion. Woah, there's a fountain in between the distance of the gate and the mansion!

Their house is too luxury. After we stepped down from the car, we walked towards a door with maids aligning while bowing at us, saying 'Welcome Lady Kim, welcome lady Ahn and Lady Jang'. They also welcomed the two of us.

It looks really expensive. From the portrait painting in the wall and their family picture in the center of all. They look like a royal family.

We're busy checking on the surroundings that we didn't even noticed the arrival of Chaewon's mom.

"Hi Mom. They're my new friends and of course, we want to learn from the expert" Chaewon smiled and hugged her Mom. Her Mom greeted us with a smile on her face "Hello sweeties, just feel at home" she hugged us while still showing her sweet smile. She's really kind and most of all, she's also pretty.

After which, we went to their kitchen and it amazes me more. Almost all of the equipments are in there, the refrigerator, toaster, blender, oven and many other luxurious things. They're really rich!

"What do you want to do? Hmm I baked some cookies while waiting for you and of course, you'll only get it when you started doing your assigned work okay?" she get the pile of aprons and handed it to each of us.

"Just teach us the recipes of your brownies, muffins and cookies Mom. Then we'll handle the rest" Chaewon got some ingredients from their refrigerator and their food keeper.

"Sure, just make sure you'll not surpass the quality of my goods huh? Hahaha" we all laughed upon hearing those. She's not an awkward person and she somehow gives me the kind and cheerful Mom vibe.

I moved a little bit since the table's behind me and they're going to put the ingredients in there. I moved until I felt that I hit something. The bottle of cinnamon almost fell but a hand suddenly captured it.

"Aish be careful" she said, arranging the bottle at its spot.

I never felt this awkward with her before. Is it just me or s- she's showing her s-soft side now?

—-------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry for the short update ㅠㅠ. I'll make it up again next time. Hope you'll still support this story until the end! 💜

Bubblyehet 💜