Part XXXIX: She's concerned

Minju's POV

More and more students are visiting in our booth. It's almost 2 in the afternoon and our products are almost sold out!

"Good job guys!" Chaewon gave her thumbs up to us, as a sign that we did our jobs well.

I smiled and leaned for a rest on the chair nearby. The weather's really hot. If I'm an ice cream,  I had totally melted.

"Fudge, it's hot! Can someone give me a drink please?" Wonyoung used her hand as an artificial fan. We all look exhausted.

"Minju! Let's grab a drink! We'll buy some for them too" Chaewon suggested, handing her name tag to Wonyoung.

Good idea!

"Sure" I gave my small handwritten name tag to Yuri. Chaewon headed first followed by me.

"Ah, some booths aren't sold out yet. Good thing we're almost done!" she started the conversation while looking left to right, checking the booths.

I can probably regain the failing grade that I received last dissecting activity. It's our fault anyway but I'm doing my best to restock my good grade though.

We're still walking in the plaza under the heat of the sun. We're heading towards the gate and I don't have any idea where we're going at.

"Uhm where are we going Chaewon?" I asked out of curiosity. There are many booths inside the school which sells drinks and for the second choice,  the canteen is wide open.

"To the milktea shop!  Hahahhaha" is she even serious? We looked like Dora and her monkey friend asking which way to go hahaha.

"Seriously speaking haha. Where are we really going?" We're now outside the gate heading to somewhere.

"In that shop. It sells the best milkteas!" she excitedly said. That shop is not too far from where we are. We walked fastly because the weather's dehydrating us.

She opened the door and lead the way inside. I'm about to get in when I saw a familiar person talking with another familiar person.

Y-yujin? Is that Yujin? 

Just by looking at her back,  I can sense that it's Yujin. Her up to shoulder hair makes it more sure that she's Yujin. They're on the right part outside the gate while we're on the left part.

A man is standing infront of her and I think,  it's the director,  her father. He seems pissed just by looking at his expression and the way he brush his hair.

I stepped aside when another customer entered the shop. Chaewon is still inside so I'll just wait in here.

I looked at Yujin and the Director again. The Director's raised his hand and slapped Yujin.

What the?! 

Yujin's face stayed still, pausing on the side where the impact left her. She isn't moving. The Director raised his arm again ready to hit Yujin.

I promised myself that I wouldn't let someone to be hurt infront of me again. I promised that I will protect a person who is hurt even though I'm weak. I promised to help someone who is being mistreated or abused because I know how it feels to experience one, and now?  I'm fulfilling that promise.