1 ~ Peace

*Briar*

I groaned softly as I felt the dim sunlight seep through the window blinds and shine on my face, making me look away.

(Picture: Briar Rose Topaz, portrayed by random
WeHeartIt girl)

My eyes opened as I sighed, still a little sleepy. At least today is my day off, so I can relax at home.

I force myself from my bed, and stand up, my bare feet touching the cold wooden floors, pulling a shawl over my shoulders before exiting.

I made my way to the kitchen, greeted by little Ragdoll companion. I smiled and walk over, petting her soft fur and feeling her immediately purr contently.

 I smiled and walk over, petting her soft fur and feeling her immediately purr contently

(Picture: Bluebell)

"Good morning, my precious girl," I said in a soft tone, then proceeded to start on our breakfast.

I start the kettle for some tea and leave it to brew before giving Bluebell her kibble.

Once the kettle finished I grab a bag of white citrus tea and place it in my mug, pouring the hot water into it, then stirring in a little bit of honey before making a small plate of strawberries, then heading to the balcony of my apartment.

I smiled softly at the potted plants I have to decorate it, and settle myself on the small bench, enjoying the cool, tranquil Sunday morning in Pennsylvania.

I sigh with ease as I settled myself, Bluebell hoping up on the bench next to me and curling close to my side, and looked up at the clouds in the sky.

Often, I think about my life before it was this peaceful.... Often, I think about the instability of my mind and soul before I found its clarity.... I think about the family and friends I left behind before coming here....

Do they miss me? Do they even think about me? Do they wonder what ever happened of me?

Its been years... Do they even remember me anymore? Are they sad?