Introduction

On October 24, 2012, a situation happened in my life that was both life-changing and earth-shattering. My world, as I knew it, came tumbling down around me. Ironically, with God's permission, I entered the Valley of the Shadows of Death, a realm of hell on earth. For nearly two years of my life, I endured this experience. And an experience it was. For about the entire first month on this Valley of Death journey, I was completely angry with God not understanding why and how He would do such a thing to me. Although it took me a while to realize, I was actually the main cause of my own fiasco that He was allowing to get my attention, which He was and will always be so jealous for.

            Pride ate away at my core—my very being. But then, something took place in me that I will never forget--I began to hear His voice as I encountered His presence in the Word. I ate the Word. I slept the Word. I dreamt the Word. I talked about the Word. I prayed the Word. I spoke the Word to others.  The Word became my life. That is, Jesus became my life.

            In Storm, I unveil inspirations and visions I was granted by the Holy Spirit to receive during this experience. In this book, you will join me on a personal tour in meeting the God the Valley. The prophet Hosea says,

I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope. She will give herself to me there, as she did long ago

The God of the Valley is the same God on the mountaintop, but is even more sensitive to our faintest cry.

            I have heard before, either you are going in a storm, enduring a storm, or coming out of a storm, preparing to go in another one. I believe this statement is true. People are unaware of what to do while in a storm or valley. Hopefully, through  these inspirations and the process of being still you, too, will find the most loving, understanding, ever-present, compassionate God, Friend, Savior, and Lord in the storm, the God of the Valley.