He Blesses Us to Follow Him

Inspiration #37

Psalms 105:45 NLT

All this happened so they would follow his decrees and obey his instructions. Praise the lord!

Romans 2:4 NLT

Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?

In Romans 1:20, it tells us that God's goodness leads men to repentance. It does not say that God wants us to get ourselves all together first before He will rain increase in our lives. That verse tells us that God pours increase/ blessing into our lives first and then the blessings and increase lead us toward him and away from sin. In other words, He blesses us to follow Him.

The Children of Israel is an example of this concept. He showered them with blessing and gave them all the things they needed for the sole reason to make them follow Him and reverence Him. For them to follow His instructions.

The same process happens to us today. Grace like rain falls in our lives to make us follow Christ. To make us desire Him. He equips us to follow Him by the good things He does for us. He wants yo bless us, but in the process He doesn't want us to desire the blessing more than Him. In His infinite wisdom, He knows exactly how to do that. Valley's and storms are used for this exact purpose. He uses them to make us desire Him and in the process He blesses us and gives unexpected and unearned benefits. What a truly amazing God we serve.