Depression Means a Prayer Session

Inspiration #27

1 Samuel 1:15 NLT

“Oh no, sir!” she replied. “I haven’t been drinking wine or anything stronger. But I am very discouraged, and I was pouring out my heart to the lord .

Hannah did EXACTLY what God wants us to do in the valley-pray. Not one of those prideful, I-really-dont-have-a-clue-what-i'm-praying prayers, but a prayer in which you pour out your heart to Him in your anguish, frustration, anger, and desperation.

God created us to have emotions, and they're not bad as long as your emotions don't have you. What does that mean!? anytime your emotions may lead you to do something ungodly and irreverent then that's when you have gotten too deep in your emotions and you're emotions are making all your decisions.

In the valley, God knows and is not insensitive to your struggle. Afterall, He's the mastermind behind the larger plan. He never said that going through temporary suffering would be easy. He intended for us, while in the valley, to have moments of complete disappointments as these make us need, long, and want to go home to heaven as well as desire Him all the more.

Emotions are meant to be released. I encourage you to release any emotions you might have been bottling up because someone has told you, "real men and woman don't show their emotions," or that it wasn't godly. Releasing is the first step of pushing closer and closer out of the storm. After all, he never meant for you to take those emotions with you once you leave out of the valley. He wants you to leave them behind. Then, you will have the Hannah attitude once you're done-satisfied and content.