Chapter 5~Slow recovery

Just like he said, after a while you could hear someone going around in where you guessed was the kitchen.

After half an hour, or you thought so there were voices outside the door. You recognized them as W.D Gaster and Papyrus, the younger skeleton you had saved.

You heard Gaster sigh and then walk away from the door, his steps getting quieter.

There was a gentle knock on the door. Before you could answer they opened the door and Papyrus walked in, holding a plate full of what you guessed was spaghetti.

"HELLO HUMAN! I THE GREAT PAPYRUS HAD BROUGHT YOU SPAGHETTI! DAD HEPLED ME MAKE IT!" You smiled at the small skeleton and sat up carefully, making sure you didn't reopen your wound.

Papyrus walked over to you and handed you the plate, which you gladly accepted.

You took the fork, getting some spaghetti in your mouth and chewing at it. The child looked at you with big eyes, waiting for what your opinion on the spaghetti is.

"It's amazing Papyrus! You truly are great!" That satisfied the skeleton as he puffed out his chest proudly. You chuckled and finished eating. The skeleton took the plate and ran out of the door, only to be back a moment later with a book in his hand.

"YOU MUST BE BORED HERE! SO I THOUGHT THAT I COULD READ YOU!" He looked at you again, his big, shining eyes looking into your (e/c) ones. You couldn't say no to that face so you just nodded, making the skeleton squeak in happiness.

Papyrus climbed up into your bed and sat down besides you, opening the book on the first page. He began to read slowly, having small problems with it. As you listened, you noticed that the older skeleton was standing near the door, watching your every step carefully, as if ready to attack.

You gave him a patient smile as if to say that you wouldn't hurt his brother and looked back at Papyrus, still feeling his eyes on you.

Soon you ended up swapping the roles, you reading the book and Papyrus listening happily. It wasn't long until he fell asleep, curled up besides you.

You picked him up and slowly tangled out of the sheets. Carefully, you stood up, going to find his room and put him to sleep. You were about to walked out of the room when the same, blue magic surrounded Papyrus, who didn't even noticed, continuing to sleep.

You looked up and saw Sans with his eye glowing. You let go of Papyrus and the child floted over to his older brother, who wrapped his arms around him.

You smiled lightly, getting no reaction from the older skeleton. He left without a word, holding his brother. Even though he didn't show any sign of gratefullness, you felt like he appreciated that you took care of his brother.

ΩΩΩ

That soon became like a routine for you. Every day you would wake up, have Dr. Gaster check up on you and change the bandages and then leave breakfast for you. Then Papyrus would come to keep you company, while W.D goes to work(you know about it from Papyrus who sometimes whines about his dad going to work, instead of playing with him) and leave when he hears the front door being opened. Gaster would then check on your wound again and leave to prepare dinner. Then you have about an hour for yourself, so you spread out your wings and do some exercises so you won't get out of shape and to make sure your still able to use wings. After that Papyrus would come with dinner and a book. You would eat and then read the book until Papyrus falls asleep. Sans would watch from afar every time his brother was in the same room as you, but you didn't mind it. After Papyrus falls asleep, Sans would pick him up with his magic, give you a small nod and walk out. After that you would exercise for 15 minutes and then go to sleep.

Every few days Gaster would help you get to the bathroom and wait outside while you take a shower. He would also bring you fresh clothes so you didn't have to wear the same ones for to long.

With each day passing, you began to feel better and better, being able to move more freely and not having to worry about reopening the wound.

Papyrus immediately fell in love with you(not in that way. He's just a small cinnamon roll child and is to young to think about that!), as you would always read him the books he brought and do puzzles with him.

Sans on the other hand, he was still warry of you and every time you would be near his brother, he would watch your every move, ready to use his magic on you. You were patient with him tho, you knew first hand what humans did to monsters and he probably heard it from one of the monsters that fought in the war, he looked to young to be there.

Gaster...Gaster's relationship with you was...complicated. He still wasn't to pleased with the fact he had to help you. You were sure he would rather leave you there to die, or finish you off himself. This made talking with him...difficult. But hey! At least you could still use your lovely sass, which you didn't use since your last talk with your team.

You both would irritate each other until one of you shuts up. He would call you human, even if he knew your name, so as a get back, you called him Bill Nye. He didn't know who Bill was so it irritated him every time you wouldn't tell him, but when you didn't sass, or call each other names you could actually have a small talk. It was usually you talking or asking small questions. He would sometimes answer them, sometimes not.

At least the trio made the process of your recovery more interesting, but with every passing day and routine you started to wonder... What will happen after you recovered?

"How can I take the pain away-"