Chapter 21~ A surprise

Letting out a yawn you sipped on your tea, a book in hand.

You took it from the library in town and got quite invested in the plot!

Who knew that monsters had their own writers? Well certainly not you!

The book looked old and worn down, making you feel that it might of been written even before the war.

It certainly was unique when it comes to the characters and the love part.

A human and a monster was surely an unique pair.

It didn't stop you from thinking that they were cute tho.

"Hey mum! Whatcha reading?" Sans asked as he walked into the living room, looking up at you in curiosity.

You looked at the title, but it was worn out and you couldn't exactly read it.

You shrugged and then glanced back at the child.

"Want me to read to you?" You asked and he nodded eagerly making you chuckle and pick him up.

He sat down on your lap and soon Papyrus joined in.

"A love between a human and skeleton wasn't taken kindly in their village. To save their life, they had to run away, leaving behind their old lives in the name of love." You started to read from where you left off.

You were surprised at first, seeing as Gaster and the kids were the only skeletons and had to remind yourself about what Gaster told you back at Grillby's.

You continued to read, occasionally blushing at kids comments about how the main characters were similar to you and their dad.

ΩΩΩ

You read to them for some time before they got bored and decided to go play with their toys, while you continued your lecture.

"Heyyyyyyy (Y/nnnnnnnnnnn)." You heard the familiar tone and roled your eyes playfully.

"Okay Gaster. I kept you from asking questions for a long time anyway." You knew what he wanted and you already asked him your questions.

"Yes!" You heard and Gaster jumped on the couch, making you laugh at how much of a dork he was sometimes.

"I had one question bugging me ever since you came back. What did you do to fall?"

Oh right. You didn't tell him about that.

"Well. It started just after the war was won. Even angels celebrated winning and as the time went on and the party died down, I started to feel guilt. All the monsters that lost their family, that were left outside the mountain to get killed by the humans. It made me feel, awful. That was the moment I decided to help the monsters That were left outside and one day, I went to far for HIM. I openly attacked my second in command to protect a child and then brought her back to her parents and well... You can guess what happened next."

If Gaster felt bad about yelling at you before, now he felt even worse.

"But it's all in the past now. Besides, if I didn't fall, then I wouldn't have met you." You said, smiling warmly at him.

He returned the gesture and then glanced at Sans and Papyrus to make sure they hadn't destroyed anything yet.

"Anyways! I'm going to visit Toriel and Asgore." You said and stood up, giving him a smile again and then taking your coat to protect you from the cold.