Chapter 42~ Fallen Angel

0

The next death you had to experience was years later.

Though the human hunting decree felt ancient by that point, monsters were still hesitant to hurt humans.

So when a gun holding child made their way through the Underground, many fell to their shots.

One of those who were unfortunate enough was Indarra. Though Undyne managed to finish off said human, the damage was still done. And when you tried to help, she made it clear she wanted to be alone.

You respected that of course, giving her the space she needed and being there for Gaster, who wasn't doing well after his old friends death.

But even then, life and time aren't still. They run on, caring not for the people and things that were left behind or destroyed.

And so, you and Gaster had to move on, for the sake of your little boys.

Speaking of them, they weren't so little anymore.

They grew up, way too fast for your liking. Before you could blink, they went from little kids to young adults with goals and ambitions.

Papyrus hit a growth sprout, almost reaching his dads height. Though now a lot older, his sweet personality remained and he made it his goal to join the Royal Guard and protect Asgore. You were supporting him on every step of the way, even if you knew that he was unable to hurt a fly.

Sans on the other hand? He felt almost like an opposite to his younger brother. He ended up being quite short, though it didn't discourage him at all. He was the calm to Papyrus's endless energy and even now was just as protective of the younger as he was when you first met.

His mind turned out to be just as briliant as Gaster's. He had a knack for machines, technology and everything in between.

Your lover was proudly crying when Sans was officially announced as his assistant. With their two minds combined, it was no surprise that The Core was working perfectly, giving monsters an answer to many worries and questions that once littered their minds.

You couldn't have been more proud of them.

Though, some things didn't feel right. It felt as though something bad as on the horizon, but every time your worries would be proven foolish after the entire day goes on with nothing bad happening.

Today was one of these days. You woke up to an empty bed and Gaster already getting ready for work, with Sans right behind him.

The nagging feeling at the back of your mind was the strongest it was yet, making your stomach turn and for you to feel like panicking.

"Gaster?" You called out quietly from the sofa you were now sitting at, your boyfriend turning around and finishing putting on his coat.

"Yes love? Is everything okay?" He asked, noticing the worry that was written all over your face.

You hesitated for a second. Maybe it was just you being overprotective? Maybe the feeling was just nothing again? But what if it wasn't and you would be halfly responsible for something bad happening to your family.

Taking a breath, you finally spoke up.

"I... I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe you should stay home today?" You looked, into his eyes, pleading for him to not go.

Gaster sighed softly, walking over to you and giving you a hug.

"It's all right angel. I'll be fine okay? Besides, I have Sans with me right? I'll see you in the evening and then we can talk about your feelings and try to see what's causing them all right?" You nodded quietly at his words, nuzzling closer into his neck and letting him kiss your forehead.