Chapter 36~ You want to be a hero? Then die like one

6

Gaster watched, eyes wide and his throat dry from yelling as the person he had loved swings her sword down at their children.

There's a pause, as if the world itself froze for a few seconds to process what happened along with them.

Then, breaking the tense silence and the victorious hum of God, an angel stumbles back.

They look up in shock, brown eyes meeting white as they raised their hand to the giant slash across their chest.

It wasn't bleeding, it was just a black hole with a few golden sparkles coming out of it.

The hold they had on the youngest out of the tree skeletons loosened and then disspaeared completely as the angel turned into a cloud of golden mist that soon was blown away.

Gaster let out a shaky, yet relieved breath watching as (y/n) turned to face both him and God.

The soul appeared again, both soul traits pulsing brightly and then, the chains around it broke in a flash of red, the white eyes dimming and the beautiful (e/c) coming back.

There was something different in her soul now. In the middle, small and almost unnoticeable, was a bright red color.

"You will never make me hurt my family" Her words were laced with venom, hand with the sword stretching out to point the blade at him. The fire turned orange, bright and warm, surrounding the metal.

God didn't seem phased, but Gaster could see the slight panic in his eyes as he tried to keep his composure.

"Oh please Golden Wing, do you really want to fight every angel here? No matter what happens, you will loose." He stated casually, motioning towards the small army he had brought with him.

"It's (y/n)."

"Pardon?"

"I said. My name is (y/n) not Golden Wing and I prefer death over helping you again!" with that, she got into a fighting stance while the two angels holdig Gaster tightened their grip to make sure he won't try to fight.

"Very well. Angels! Whoever defeats Golden Wing will get her sword and a status of a hero when we return!" That seemed to have been enough for the more scared or unsure angels to make up their mind, the small army going into a battle stance, weapons drawn and ready to fight.

"A hundred of you and one of me? This fight might be fair then" Gaster had never seen her so confident and cocky. Her wings shone, gold reflecting off the snow around her, giving her almost otherwordly glow. Her smirk was paired with a smug stance of someone who was sure of their abilities.

Gaster would be lying if he said he didn't find it attractive.

With her old friend in hand, she spread her wings and faced the army.

"Come" Was all she said before chaos began.

The other angel holding Sans smarty decided to not participate in the fight, now simply sitting in the snow and watching. The ones behind him weren't so nice however, so Gaster was reduced to just watching the show.

And what a show it was.

His eyes never left her figure as she ran at the small army with no fear in her eyes.

Her moves were calculated, with every swing of her firely weapon another angel would fall.

It almost looked like a dance as she barely touched the floor in the flurry of her merciless attacks.

A few angels flew up, bows with pale gold arrows in hand as they aimed at his lover.

They fired and she was quick to react, using her wings like a shield with the arrows not doing much damage.