Chapter 18~ How to fix a mistake

Gaster

Gaster sat on his bed, his journal in hand as he stared at one of the entries, desperatly trying to think of a way to apologize to you without having half of Snowdin on his tail bone.

He looked at his first entry on you, sighing quietly.

Oh how close he was to the truth about you. The truth he wished he had never discovered.

Sighing yet again he closed the journal and put it on his desk, his white pupils glancing at the window.

Asgore and Toriel were right. He can't just give up. Not yet, not ever. He had to fix his mistake.

A yawn erupted from him, making him realize how late it already was and how long he spend thinking about this.

For now. He needed to rest.

ΩΩΩ

The door opened as Gaster walked into the living room, his bone brows immediately furrowed when he was meet with silence. His sons should be here to meet him, or at least be heard playing somewhere upstairs since he came home early and it wasn't their bed time.

Worry immediately washed over him as he threw his coat on the ground and ran upstairs. His footsteps echoed around the quiet house as he jumped up the stairs and then to his sons room, opening the door with a loud thud.

He fell silent, his breath hitching when he saw that the room was empty, no sign of his sons.

He quickly closed the door and turned around to run down the stairs again, when he heard a familiar sound and a blue mist appeard in the middle of the living room.

His eyes narrowed slightly when he saw his sons teleport into the room, not noticing him.

"Ufff... Dad isn't here yet." He heard Sans say as the young skeleton let go of Papyruses hand.

"SANS... WHY CAN'T WE TELL DAD ABOUT VISITING (Y/N)?" Papy asked as he sat down on the couch.

"He would be mad if he'd find out that were sneaking out of the house." Sans answered and sat down besides his brother.

There was a cough behind them, coming from no other than Gaster himself.

The skelebros stiffened, especially Sans, and turned around to see their father behind them, staring down at them with a disapproving glare.

Both of them gulped as Gaster leaned down, looking them in the eye.

"I'm waiting for your explanation."

ΩΩΩ

"And why did you not tell me that you're visiting her? You know that I would let you do it right?" Gaster questioned, looking at Sans and Papyrus who were sitting on his lap.

"I...Thoughtthatyouwouldntsinceyouhadanargumentwithmum." Sans mumbled quickly, but his dad caught it anyway.

Gaster sighed softly and shook his head, ruffling his sons head.

"I wouldn't. The fact that we had....a small argument doesn't mean that you can't visit her, buttttttt since you did sneak out I will have to give you some sort of punishment." Gaster said with a small smirk, drawing out the 'but'.

Sans and Papyrus looked at him with puppy eyes, trying to wiggle out of it.

Gaster put his finger on his chin, tapping it lightly as to seem like he's thinking. "How about.... I will forget about this if you two little buggers help me apologize to (Y/n), deal?"