Chapter 9~ Stay

And so you began your story. You didn't even got to the 'falling from a mountain' part when you were practically surrounded by monsters from the bar. You chuckled worriedly and continued the story, though you made sure you left out the fact that you were an angel, saying that people accused you of being a witch and that you had to run away so you won't be executed. Yea...they luckily bought it and didn't question you about your past any further.

In the meantime Grillby cleaned the bar and served drinks. You noticed that he never used water if he didn't had to, being really careful when he had to. It was logical, he was made out of fire after all.

You turned to him, finishing the story. Monsters went back to what they were doing before you started it.

"Do you need any help? I'm not made out of fire after all." You chuckled and he smiled lightly. He thought for few seconds and then nodded so you walked around the counter and he lead you to the back where a small kitchen was held.

He explained what you needed to do, which was mainly washing the dishes or helping him serve the food and drinks. You gladly did, quickly getting to work.

ΩΩΩ

You were serving a customer, when you heard the door getting opened. You looked up and saw Gaster walk in.

"I apologise for the long wait." He said, turning to look at you.

"We can continue now." He added. You nodded and turned to Grillby to say goodbye. He outstached his hands and put something in your own.

"You're welcome here any time. I could always use another pair of hands." You smiled and nodded so he turned around and went back behind the counter.

Both you and Gaster walked out of the door back into the cold snow. You looked down at your hand, seeing gold coins shining lightly. You showed them to Gaster.

"This is your form of payment right?" You asked.

He nodded and you smiled under your breath.

Great! I could find a house around here and work at Grillby's!

You quickly put the money into your pocket and continued after Gaster.

The surroundings soon changed and instead of snow you were surrounded by black ground with white sparkles, waterfalls with shining, light blue water and beautiful shining flowers.

"Welcome to Waterfall." Gaster said and made a movement with his hand.

You started laughing, making him furrow his bone brow. "What's so funny?"

You took few seconds to calm down before answering.

"I'm sorry... It's just... Who came up with the name?" You finally managed to say. He finally understood why you were laughing and let out a chuckle himself.

"Let's just say that our King isn't the best with the names..." You giggled.

"It can't be THAT bad. Waterfall doesn't sound that horrible. At least describes the land." You tried to defend the king, giggling like an idiot.

"Really...? The next land you're going to see is called Hotland and the main city of the Underground is called New Home." Your giggle turned into a laugh again, making Gaster smile lightly under his breath.