Chapter 13~ Silence before the storm

You yawned, walking down the wooden stairs, looking like a zombie.

You needed your tea/coffee right now, before things get ugly for someone.

You yawned again, your feet shamble across the floor and towards the kitchen.

Your eyes scanned the cupboards for what you were looking for.

Finally, you found the container you needed and quickly started to prepare the drink, still looking like a corpse.

As you waited for the water to boil, you sat down, wondering what did you ever do to deserve this...

Deserve what you ask?

You got maybe 4 hours of sleep, maybe even less as you and Gaster had to stay up late for who knows how long and clean up, after a certain fish monster tried to make diner.

Maybe it would of gone faster if not for the fact that Indarra ran away the second he got the chance to do so, leaving you and Gaster to clean up the whole mess yourselves.

Yea...

You're so going to kill Indarra when you see him.

The water finally boiled and you sighed in relief, feeling the drink slid down your throat.

You blinked two times, trying to get the sleepiness away and took another sip of the drink.

You finished the tea/coffee and put the cup in the sink, finally being fully awake.

You walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to check on the kids.

You quietly tiptoe to their room and peeked inside.

Your heart melted when you saw the two still sleeping, hugging each other.

You smiled warmly and quietly closed the door, letting the two sleep.

You glanced at the other door, leading to Gaster's room.

Just like with the skelebros, you peeked inside to see if he's okay.

Luckily he was sleeping in his bed, so you closed the door, letting him rest.

Since you were the only one awake, you decided to do something for them. A small surprise breakfast when they wake up.

And so you began to work.

You decided to make waffles, cuz who wouldn't want to start their day with a nice, warm waffle?

You started to prepare the mass, quietly humming to yourself as you did so.

In less than an hour there was a plate full of waffles. You also managed to find a jar full of chocolate cream so you put it on the table besides the food.

You heard footsteps in the living room and turned your head to see Gaster walk in, looking just as tired as you were moments ago.

"Morning." You said softly, smiling at the skeleton.

"Morning..." He mumbled back to you and then glanced at the table.

His eyes lit up when he saw the waffles.

"You didn't have to..." The male trailed off and looked at you. You just shrugged and motioned for him to dig in.

He did so, sitting down by the table while you made yourself another cup of tea/coffee.

Gaster put a waffle on his plate and then looked at the chocolate cream.

"Mhmm...No marmalade? I thought we had some left..." He said to himself and looked at one of the cupboards, probably where the marmalade was supposed to be.