Chapter 20~ Questions and answers

It's been almost a month since you came back and Gaster was as sweet as ever, still holding back from asking you any questions.

Which was impressive, considering how Gaster is when it comes to science.

Thanks to that, you slowly got more comfortable around him and didn't have a panic attack whenever he touched you.

The kids luckily didn't notice your uneasiness around him and were just happy that they helped you to make up.

Right now you were lying on your bed, feet hanging off of the edge, just like your head and your wings spread on the sheets.

Your mind was wandering back to Gaster, thinking about a certain things you wanted to ask him.

But at the same time, it would be rude to ask him questions, and yet not let him ask you any.

You let out a groan, changing your position on the bed, now sitting upright.

You really wanted those answers man! But at the same time, you didn't know what would Gaster ask you in return and you weren't sure if he'd even want to answer!

Sighing, you stood up, stretching yourself, and then slowly made your way to the living room.

Since your mind was up in the clouds, you didn't notice that you got to the stairs and, with your luck, of course you fell.

Forgetting that you had wings on your back, you closed your eyes, waiting for the impact.

And yet, just like in every love story ever, you felt yourself getting caught before you could hit the ground.

You opened your eyes to see that, you guessed it, a certain skeleton caught you before you had the chance to hurt yourself and was now looking down at you with a smug smirk.

"Didn't expect you to fall for me." He joked lightly, making your face turn as red as Papyruses scarf.

"S-shut up and just put me down!" You squeaked out, making him chuckle. He did as told and gently put you on your feet, flashing you a grin.

"You know that you could of just used your wings before you hit the ground, right?" He asked in amusement, making you facepalm at your own stupidity.

You heard him laugh, making you pout.

"I was actually just searching for you." He said after he calmed down, making you raise your eyebrows.

He lead you to the kitchen and sat down on one of the chairs, while you sat down on the other one.

"I want you to know that I don't have any secrets that would be harmful to you and that I trust you, so if you have any questions ask away." He said, making you look at him in disbelief.

Well that surely is convenient, considering I was just thinking about how to ask him some questions...

You hesitated, not wanting to say anything that would hit a sore spot.

"Howdidyougetthescars?" You blurred out quickly, looking down at the table.

Gaster blinked a few times, but wasn't really surprised at the question. The scars were visible on daily basis after all.

"Well... You weren't the... First one to fall down the mountain. Before you, was a human. Unlike You, he had a weapon with him, an axe, or something similar to it and definitely wasn't friendly." You leaned closer to him, taking in every word he was saying.

"He found me in the lab and well... When you see a walking skeleton your first thought probably isn't to have a civilized conversation with him. He attacked and took me by surprise, managing to get the side of my face. I, of course, fought back, but stopped myself from using something that would actually kill the human. I was a lot more naive when it happened... When he got the other side of my face I finally decided to used one of my blasters. When his soul broke, I heard a muffled sob and noticed that Sans and Papyrus had snuck out of the house and were hiding behind one of the machines. Poor kids were terryfied. While Papyrus quickly forgot about it, Sans and I got a lot more... Wary of humans, as you experienced." He finished the story, his voice trailing off at the end.

You, feeling bad for the poor skeleton, put your hand on his in a comforting manner, giving him a soft smile.

He smiled back, but soon turned his head and you swore that you could see a purple hue appear on his cheekbones.

"Anyway... Next question!" He said a little to quickly, making you chuckle.

"Okay..." You trailed off, thinking about your next question. Your eyes wandered over to his hands, or more precisely, the holes in them.

Gaster followed your gaze and quickly caught what you were looking at.

"I needed... Samples for one of my experiments. Since I was the only skeleton alive-" He trailed of, his gaze turning to look in the direction of the boys room.

You didn't need to be a scientist to know what the experiment was.

"Do you... Feel lonely sometimes?" The next question caught him off guard a little, not expecting one like that.

"I did before, just after the war. Being the only one left felt, awful, so I tried to distract myself. I created Sans and Papyrus to distract myself and try to give our species a chance to survive. Then you came. Irritating me every few seconds." You giggled slightly at the last part. You still haven't told him who Bill Nye was.

"The irritation was a good distraction and when I got to know you, your company became enough to not make me feel lonely anymore." You were silent for a few seconds.

"... Are You trying to make me feel bad and not be uncomfortable around you." You asked, looking at him with a 'really' face.

"Is it working?" He asked, grinning at you yet again.

"... Yes..." You mumbled, before both of you laughed.

"Thank you Gaster. You didn't have to tell me any of this." You smiled warmly when you calmed down.

"Like I said. I want you to know that I trust you." He told you.

You stood up, walked over to him and, for the first time in months, hugged him, your wings wrapping around him.

"You're forgiven, for everything."

"How can I save-"