Chapter 37~ Back in form

5

2nd POV

The spear flew just past your head, the tip grazing your ear and impaling in the rocks right behind you.

You huffed, putting your wing up and slashing the air with it, sending a wave of feathers at your opponent.

He rolled away easily, sharp grin not leaving his face even when your next attack left a slash on his arm.

He materialised another spear, it's glow reflecting in your eyes as you realised you were too close to fly out of the way.

In the split second you had, you took out your sword from its place on your hip, the white flames bursting to life on the metal the moment your hand met the handle.

You brought the sword up just in time to block the blue spear that was millimeters away from piercing your shoulder.

You met the yellow eyes of your opponent along with his grin and responded in a similar one, the rush of battle bringing out your love for fighting with someone of equal might.

"Not bad for an angel" Indarra taunted, the spear in his hold dissapearing as he pushed you back.

"Strong words for someone who's about to loose" You shot back, changing your grip on the sword you were holding.

"What do you-"

Before he could finish his sentence, you jumped towards him, using one of your wings to throw him off the balance while your occupied arm wrapped around his neck, the blade now against his neck.

There were a few seconds of silence as you two stayed in said position. You waiting for Indarra to either give up or make a move and the fish monster thinking if he should yield or not.

Finally, he laughed, giving you a few pats to signal surrender. You let go of him, putting the blade back in it's place and dusting yourself off.

"Thanks for the spar! I really need to get back in shape now that I'm mostly back to normal" You said, turning your head to look at your black and white wings, gently fixing the few feathers that you saw were out of place.

Indarra waved his hand.

"I told you before that if you ever wanted to spar you can just hit me up. I missed the thrill of the battle anyways! Besides, I'd never miss the chance for a remach with the legendary Golden Death" He gave you a wink while you just rolled your eyes.

"Please don't call me that" You mumbled out, turning when you heard the sound of door opening.

Out of the house shaped like a fish head walked Undyne, holding two cups of what you assumed, and hoped, was water.

"Thanks kid!" Indarra ruffled his daughters hair, taking his drink while you took yours.

Leaning against the stone wall you sipped on your drink, which turned out to be normal hot chocolate, which you were thankful for.

"So, how are the things with Gaster and his kids going?" The fish monster asked, leaning against the wall beside you.

"Papyrus and Sans don't seem to have developed any fear towards me. I was fearing they might considering what happened a week ago, but they are still the same sweethearts they were before." You answered with a fond smile, thoughts going to the two little skeletons who are probably causing trouble back home.

"Yea that's sweet and all but I was asking about the spi-"

"I swear to Toriel if you make any dirty or weird comment like Asgore the Underground will need a new king and army leader."

Indarra put his arms up in surrender, laughing loudly at your red face.

Speaking of the devil, you heard the already familiarised sound of someone teleporting.

You turned towards the noise just in time to see the purple glow disappear around Gaster.

"Hello love" He greeted you first, walking over to give you a kiss.

Indarra smirked at the two of you before giving Gaster one of his bear hugs.

"And hello- to you too- Indarra" Gaster chocked out, patting the fish monster on the back.

"I take it you're here to take the lady back?" Indarra rasied his brow, taking the empty cup from your hands and handing it over to his daughter.

"Yes and I'd appreciate it if you'd give her back before the kids demolish the whole house."

You giggled at your boyfriend's words and waved goodbye to Indarra.

"Thanks again for the spar!"

Indarra and Undyne said goodbye too and you took Gaster's hand, waiting for him to teleport.

"You better come back soon for a rematch!"

With that, the familiar purple hue surrounded you and within a blink of an eye, you were back in the familiar streets of Snowdin.

"You know you could just ask me to spar with you too right?" Gaster asked as you two made your way down the snowy path and towards your house.

"I know, but I love seeing you jealous" You teased him, to which he made a sputtering noise.

"I am not jealous! Especially not of an old friend!" He grumbled.

You laughed, brining Gaster closer to you and giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

His cheeks turned a faint shade of purple and the two of you found yourselves in front of the door to your house.

"Let's hope they didn't find a way to make a mess in the few minutes I was out"

You nodded with a giggle and then opened the door, walking in and putting away your coat.

"Kids we're home!" .

Immiedietly there was the sound of two pairs of small feet running down the corridor and soon you saw the two familiar figures rushing down the stairs.

"MUM! DAD!" The two yelled, Papyrus jumping into your arms while Sans into Gaster's.

"Hello my little princes!" You coed, giving Papyrus a kiss on the forehead to which he giggled to.

"We finished the puzzle you started with us dad!" Sans proudly announced, wiggling in his father's hold to be put down.

Gaster put the kid on the floor, you doing the same as the two rushed up to bring you the finished picture.

"How long do you think it will take them to figure out they won't be able to bring us the puzzle without destroying the whole thing?" You asked, raising your eyebrow.

"I say about 5 minutes." Gaster answered with a small shrug.

"I say 3"

"Bet."

"I won't let you fall tonight-"